EU legislation

Libertesoe

I don't have the required thingymajig to read it, what does it basically say. ;)

1 hour ago, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

I don't have the required thingymajig to read it, what does it basically say. ;)

http://media.wix.com/ugd/957eb3_145cd65ddd17428d89e97d02cbab596e.pdf

"Whilst the new EU Regulation for deactivation is not retrospective for those collectors who wish to keep their 

collections, any deactivated firearm placed on the market from now will have to be re-deactivated to the EU 

specification."

So they are basically double deactivating deactivated weapons to make sure they can't go pew pew. I think Brussels are getting a bit twitchy that deact dealers are all ISIS members. But they do have Good reasoning behind it so :| 

• Major General
Just now, Satan1800 said:

Mags to be welded on to so realy just a llump of steel 

Therefore no point having them in my opinion bud.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Waffenamt said:

Therefore no point having them in my opinion bud.

I'm a bit pissed now, never had the chance to own one and now there's no point. :( 

Yeah this may not be going through mate. Even the proof houses are against it as you cant exactly weld a Bakelite magazine to a steel receiver now can you? Similarly the EU has pulled this whole thing out of their Shitters without doing their homework and they've been called out on it by a few of our representative's.

• Upvote 2

I hope so as there's been nothing but legislation aimed at legitimate shooters since hungerford ,and dumblain which at least one of them could have been avoided if police had acted on there intelligence earlier

In the wise old quotes from John cleese. You want to do pointed sticks ,

Deactivate em

• Upvote 1

You're right Bryan. Brussels will soon be taxing air so stockpile it while you can.

Sorry you fellas have to go thru all of this. Are there any purchase restrictions once these weapons are deactivated (eew, thats a nasty word)?

• Field Marshall

It's a proposal, and I'm doubtful whether it will happen.The UK deact spec is one of, if not the safest way to deactivate a firearm. They should make the rest of Europe come in line with the UK and leave it at that.

Even the Proof Master says it's unworkable... I'm hoping it is, and we keep the Status Quo... well apart from the double denim ;)

• Upvote 2

• Major General

Ive personally got 3 deacs in the collection.

MG34,MG42 and a K98.. al with certs. I did buy an ex blank firing MP40 with no cert but is chopped and covered in proof house stamps,ive often wondered about it?

Im in no hurry to let any of them go,but curious to know the future for them/ Are they to be kept forever or do i have to have them chopped to feck for new spec?

On the last surrender of hand guns after dunblane I beleive according to eu legislation we all had to be compensated for surrendering our hand guns ,and that cost the government 45 million at the time,so if these measures are put into place I wonder if the same thing would happen ,as it would be a fair bit more that 45 mill this time 

But just to add ,even since then I don't think armed crime has gone down much if at all ,as they just find something else to kill each other with and won't be a deactivated bren gun I know

• Upvote 2

I doubt this will ever be enforceable, even if it did happen. The backlash has been quite widespread throughout the EU I have heard. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kyle B said:

I doubt this will ever be enforceable, even if it did happen. The backlash has been quite widespread throughout the EU I have heard. 

They've just passed it. Saw it this morning that everything from the 8th of April has to be brought into the new spec. Anything you bought before can remain as the old spec.

@BryanDavidson I thought it meant that any deactivation done on a weapon after 8th April, has to be new spec. If it was done 20 years ago and you buy it after 8th April I thought it didn't have to be new spec.

Just typical as this government and the general public don't want a society that have anything to do with firearms as we are not to be trusted ,but that wasn't what Churchill said in 1940 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

@BryanDavidson I thought it meant that any deactivation done on a weapon after 8th April, has to be new spec. If it was done 20 years ago and you buy it after 8th April I thought it didn't have to be new spec.

As far as it's been put out right now any firearm deactivated before the 8th has to be redeactivated if it is sold after the 8th. So new and old spec will become New new spec.

• Field Marshall
On 27/02/2016 at 18:46, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

Who here can tell a fake K98 from a pukka one, if so PM me.

It's not fakes as such you need to worry about, it's export models or Russian captures. (which I like as you know they've seen action.)