EU legislation

Libertesoe

To all UK members.....DO ALL YOU CAN TO LEAVE THE BLOODY EC WHILE YOU'RE STILL IN TIME!

• Upvote 1

On 16 March 2016 at 20:06, DAK D said:

I sold my Thompson collection a few weeks ago, because of the new draconian EU directive and I sold them at a loss, but how much of a loss would it have been when the EU has it;s way?

I have never been an investment collector and I love military history, so it really hurt to let them go...

D

I sold 3 Old Spec 1928s and one Old Spec M1A1 ..................

I kept a TOMMY GUN stamped 1928A1 and an M1A1

Sigh .............

• Upvote 1

What I,ve never understood was that these regulations shoot them selves in the foot from the very start. The definition of a "Firearm" , any LETHAL barrelled weapon of any description from which any shot, bullet or other missile CAN be discharged. That should be the whole crux of the matter. A deactivated weapon is no longer a firearm therefore cannot be classed as such and should have no further definitions imposed, It cannot discharge any type of missile. This whole Firearms Act has been amended so many times that its more or less unreadable and contradicts other sections. I would go as far as to say that that very point is arguable in court, That very first sentence of the act gives a clear indication as to the law.In reality it should not be called into question or have numerous other definitions attached, ie Antique, historical,etc.it makes no difference under the first description if they cannot be fired, it ceases to become a firearm

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

There is still a small window of time to buy/sell old spec deacts before the UK put this through parliament.