Some RAD tinnies

Gwar

It is quite clear what your main effort is now! 

Very diverse collection, I am sure the detail of the reverse of most of that stuff would be of interest to the serious collectors.

I posted before that I had  seen a very dangerous RAD (normal) buckle copy, I did not note the link unfortunately but with someone that looks to have their finger on the pulse, do you per chance happen to know which company is selling them?

Best 

Rich

Edited by Richard Auld

10 minutes ago, Richard Auld said:

It is quite clear what your main effort is now! 

Very diverse collection, I am sure the detail of the reverse of most of that stuff would be of interest to the serious collectors.

I posted before that I had  seen a very dangerous RAD (normal) buckle copy, I did not note the link unfortunately but with someone that looks to have their finger on the pulse, do you per chance happen to know which company is selling them?

Best 

Rich

Rich, yes, I have most of the makers one could ever hope to find.. trust me.. and yes there are a few fakers out there lurking in the back alleys.. For example... This is a horrible fake made of steel.....

Rad buckle steel.jpg

Rad buckle steel 2.jpg

• Thanks 1

No this thing was not horrible and if I had encountered it at a house clearance and such like it would have got me . It is a near perfect cast copy of a cast buckle, I wish I had saved the site!!!!

I will try searching though my internet history!

Rich

• Like 1

Here is one that catches people off guard A LOT.. They since have sanded the casting area flaw on the front, and it is still marked GB for Gustave Bremer, Markneukirchen on the reverse, so be aware

100_7957.JPG

100_7961.JPG

• Thanks 1

Another steel buckle, the tell here is the die circle on the catch... BAD bad bad...

rad_aluminum_buckle1 - Copy.jpg

rad_aluminum_buckle2 - Copy.jpg

• Thanks 1

BAD BAD BAD Czech or Polish fake.. The WORST..NO BUCKLE EVER was constructed like this..

8_01_06_2_1.jpg

8_01_06_2_2.jpg

• Thanks 1

This is in my collection, a rare brazed catch aluminum, I have only seen three in my collecting years..

RAD C.jpg

RAD C2.jpg

RADC3.jpg

I think it it may be the GB aluminuim one, You have to admit that is a bit cheeky and if someone added a bit of wear to it it would be hard to judge without another beside it, if it were not your area that is? The top right wheat sheaf does not look right either in the inside, casting flaw!

I will still have a look see and try to find the site!

Rich

I think it it may be the GB aluminuim one, You have to admit that is a bit cheeky and if someone added a bit of wear to it it would be hard to judge without another beside it, if it were not your area that is? The top right wheat sheaf does not look right either in the inside, casting flaw!

I will still have a look see and try to find the site!

Rich

• Like 1

Those are casting flaws, we sometimes see bubbling or small bubbles where the sand of the copy didn't cut it when pressed for the cast and all the details are not present..

2 hours ago, Richard Auld said:

This has got to be a useful thread to people collecting buckles!

Rich

@Richard Auld, I posted and updated this in the buckle forum.. G

Sorry G, I am behind curve at the moment.

Doing a bit of DIY around the house!

Yes , makes sense to post it in the buckles forum of course.

I will have a proper read through the site tomorrow and catch up!

Rich