RAD men, FAD buckles

Gwar

Interesting to see the FAD buckle in use with RAD uniforms before the "Official " buckle was issued..

4-91.jpg

essen.jpg

6-143.jpg

Screenshot (2720)_191116053701.png

2-192.jpg

• Thanks 1

Could this not be the case that it is after the new issue but that these guys wish to show the fact that they were earlier members by wearing their earlier buckle? 

You know what I mean, it is against the rules but they think they are above them?

Rich

When did they stop with the old buckle officialy or is it more appropriate to ask when was the new one used from?

Could it then be a case of using up old stock?

Rich

@Richard Auld & @val The FAD or Freiwilliger Arbeitsdienst , the Nazi Volunteer Labor Service in the early years lacked conformity in uniforms and headwear due to the economic recession and the ability to afford such a distinction and sometimes we see then in nothing more than the clothes they owned and a makeshift visor, the buckles and belts were little different albeit that there were box buckles the claw buckle was present most likely leftovers from when the AAD  (Anhalts Arbeits Dienst) was the labor service organization that Hitler mimicked when appointing Konstantin Hierl to form the NSAD/FAD.

1.jpg

001.jpg

FAD Card.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Gwar
Pic
  • Thanks 1

The FAD were the first labor organization to have a officially designed and distributed buckle in the 30's by at least one firm, that of F.W. Assman & Sohn, Ludenscheid, I do not have access to a photo of a smooth face / un-pebbled  buckle.

FAD Assman.JPG

533.JPG

532.JPG

fw31.jpg

529.JPG

530.JPG

FAD Assmana.JPG

• Thanks 1

Steinhaur & Luck, Ludenscheid also advertised FAD buckles although none have been found that were marked.

509.JPG

507.JPG

70442954_113236403388802_1348696421880037376_n.jpg

510.JPG

508.JPG

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Richard Auld said:

I imagine these are like the proverbial rocking horse sheit to find?

Rich

They can be found and are available if one knows what to look for, but yes, very expensive in some cases...

• 10 months later...

Given your being busy with a book in this direction, I expect you will cover all of what you have posted here and on other fora in detail. 

I think it will be a comprehensive book and look forward to buying it!

Best regards and good luck!

Rich

• Like 1