Black Friday

Davejb

I love the black Friday,s in the model shops, yesterday I went to Hobbycraft as I wanted the new 1/72 Revell kit of an V2 rocket, which is a brand new release , while there not only did I get that for half price, £6,50, I saw a 1/,32 scale Revell Mosquito MK 1V for £15.00, again half price, well I had to buy it did,nt I, two models for under £22 quid, thats a bargain, and if the wife had,nt been with me, four other 1/32 kits would have been coming home with me, but I think I would have had to find new accomodation

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sorry Mike,i.ve only just seen your comments, As Val says Its nearly 8" tall and that just the rocket, the firing platform adds another 2 and half inches so its pretty tall for a 1/72 scale kit, but its a really detailed kit and for a Revell kit theres no flashing and it gives you 4 options re painting I would recommend this kit to anyone who wants a nice easy kit to build and a decent size to display

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 10 months later...

Brilliant Buy Dave ....Well Done,

I am looking for a V1 model as I have visited sites across France and travelled miles to find them hidden in woods and forests......considering the South of England and London was bombed the dreaded missile, they all later had to deal with the worst missile (as you know) the "Silent-killer" the V2.

That sound a great model, but I presume it has to be painted?

I will try and find a model kit....somewhere?

Best wishes and Stay Safe.....Ian

IMGP6965.JPG

Hello Dave,

This may interest you, images taken by me in - La Coupole -France ( Near St Omer) in the original V1 & V2 fabrication and assembly plant. Nothing was ever fired from here as the R.A.F Lancasters bombed it and that's why the roof has partly collapsed, I think they used "Tall Boys" to penetrate the massive thickness of the roof and walls.

Anyway just to show how these small missiles from the V1 and then the V2 has progressed in massive size over the many years since WW2...To the most destructive weapon ever used in Hiroshima - The Atomic Bomb.

(Images Sole Copyright of Ian R Bridle) Thank You.

Best to you all....Ian

IMGP4150.JPG

IMGP4149.JPG

IMGP4151.JPG

IMGP4167.JPG

• 6 months later...

Five more models to be made, A Dam Buster Lancaster , A German heavy Panzerspahwagen, A german 2 cm Leiclhter  Panzer , A German Feiseler Storch and a 1/32 Scale German Recon Aircraft, Plus a hard to come by Special 1/48 Tales of Iwo Jima Mustang, looks like I will me busy for the next year or to