Kriegsmarine plaque

Vince

I,m not so sure it was on a ship or Submarine, the rear looks to be wooden, the front looks to clean, to have been on ship  or sub, also where the screw holes  are, the white underlay appears to be a clay type material, also it reads Willemshaven ?? I,m thinking it could be an indoor sign used above a door or a meeting or briefing area, but its just an idea

Val I just did a check, Gustav Becker was a ship builder at Wilemshaven, , but I still think this was an indoor sign, its to clean and no wear or tear to the paint and those holes sure look like a clay type , I suppose it could have been on the bridge of a ship, but I doubt it it was on a sub, they were dirty and grimey at the best of times, but I could be wrong

Just looked at that site and it would appear that Vince has already been on that site and got no answer to the same question, but there was a comment stating that a lot of these plaques are being faked, and most of those shown come from torpedo boats, or ships, the U boat ones are made of metal , the ones used on the front of conning towers