Brazilian Medals Display

leo0274

Hey guys, I'm from Brazil, and I mostly collect Brazilian Medals, here is my display:

9FrlnGv.jpg

Here goes all of them:

Medals for years of service, 10, 20 and 30 years. For high rank soldiers, the 20 years is made of silver and the 30 years is gold.

tF9JCdw.png

Sailor's Merit. On the back it says "To the Brazilian Navy. To a Sailor". Can be awarded with 1, 2, 3 or 4 anchors. The difference in collor on the ribbon is from different makers.

QbXS8IX.jpg

Aeronautical Merit Order. I have the chest plate and the miniature of a Grand Officer. This degree also as the collar, the bar and rosette, which I still don't have.

w5PyeQB.png

Officer Cross of the Order of Rio Branco. The highest order of the country. It is named in honor of the Brazilian diplomat José Paranhos, Baron of Rio Branco. The President of Brazil serves as the Grand Master of the Order while the Minister of Foreign Affairs is the order's Chancellor.

XxQDjd0.jpg

War Medal. Given to soldiers and civilians, Brazilian or foreign, who have performed relevant services in times of war or special government missions. From WW2.

QZwXrHY.jpg

The rest of the stuff in the display are not medals or awards, but here they go:

Capitão de Corveta Shoulder Ranks (Corvette Captain)

MRcnE0V.jpg

The buttons are from the army and navy of the Brazilian Empire (pre 1889):

In2y9hB.jpg

EFKlN3b.jpg

And the star, is just a piece of a Second Liutenant shoulder rank

IoRvQ2i.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice. Nice seeing awards I would very seldom get the chance to see.

Edited by Mike H
  • Upvote 1