Gwar

Will the real BEVO please stand up

Davejb

Warrelics and and others are saying this is a Dachau made insignia, and it looks the same from what I can see, even the pigeon style head and the skull

Gwar

@Davejb, Hello, yes that was my point. I witness many "Collectors" claim BEVO weave , Bevo this, that and the other thing, so how can it be BEVO if it were made in Dachau and not in Wuppertal ? This is what I consider BEVO, so is it a misconception or false information used to describe albeit incorrectly, most woven pieces ?

Bevo skull.jpg

Gwar

I have read in a couple of articles that the two firms merged, and formed BEVO ?

49947890_2275347169145250_976222620154331136_n.jpg

beee vvooo.jpg

Gwar

I guess it boils down to another pet peeve of "Waffen S.S." how does one claim every item with runes is related or traceable to that Standartde and not another ? Misinformed ? But the S.S. is a whole nother can of sometimes proverbial messy worms..

49323200_2275448905801743_4257326486085697536_n.jpg

Richard Auld

G,

You have some very fine items there. SS is not really my thing but having grown up with the hobby a bit, I believe the BEVO style was coined as a collectors term around the 80s to refer to that 'style' of manufacture rather than the firm itself. I think over the later years it has distorted into the belief you have highlighted above with a detailed demonstration/explanation.

Best

Rich

Edited by Richard Auld

val

@Gwar, yes, the term "BEVO" is used too loosely...

Vorsteher3.jpg

Davejb

I would have to agree with Richard, I think its a generic term used by many to describe a general cloth in the style of Bevo, or more often any type of woven cloth that bears a similarity in the weave