E10K

hcs

I just got a E10K, that I want to restore and I have a few questions:

It has the round hole for readout of the frequency, inside there is no light bulb for illuminating of the scale, is this normal?

TSe1Irp.jpg?3

W45qXoM.jpg?4

At the frame there is the number 16465 stamped in the metal, is tis the serial number?

hzFwQNh.jpg?2

Could someone please give me the sizes of the missing card holder, next to the four rasten window, since I have to make a new one for this?

Do you know, where to get the manual?

Thank you.

Rgds
Henrik Sommer

• Thanks 1

@hcs, this is your version with small round window, to compare.

https://www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/ln-26594-empfaenger-kurzwelle-e10k-fuer-fug-10-1942

From that example you also see where in the frame is Werk Nr. , this should be

ink-stamped in several places.

I'd get rid of that ugly hammerite paint.

Show please also inside images.

Hi Val

Thank😊 you and thank you for the links to manuals, but I already have them all, I searched many times, the last few weeks :-)

I need the correct manual for this receiver E10K (Lautstärker regelung schirmgitterseitig) which is early version. I have schematic and partslist, but would like to have the complete manual.

I will repaint the front and cover, do anyone know a source for the correct paint, which I guess has to be RAL7019 half matt? 

Rgds

Henrik

1 hour ago, hcs said:

I need the correct manual for this receiver E10K

Can you give me manual exact number/date/name and i'll ask around...

35 minutes ago, val said:

Can you give me manual exact number/date/name and i'll ask around...

Sorry I don't know the number for manual, but at the schematic is written: St 507 403, Ausg. 28

E10K is the version with only 8 tubes...

I would be very happy, if you could ask around.

The E10K is an early production version and did not have a light fitted. Sometimes lighting was retrofitted to early equipment. On later production examples, the square window and lighting became standard.

There is another -more sinister- story to early production FuG10 variations, for a short period the frequency was marked in kPers (kilo persec) instead of kHz. Heinrich Rudolf Hertz was of Jewish decent (even though his family had long been converted to Lutheranism) and some fascist Luftwaffe busybody had decreed that the frequency scale in his name could not be used. Common sense somehow prevailed and the frequency markings in Hertz returned after a short period....

The manual number for the FuG 10 is D(Luft)T4005/2

regards,

Funksammler

Thank you Funksammler for the, answer and story behind the frequency markings.

I need the measurements(height, width and width of the small bending) of the small card holder in the top right corner, since I have to make a new one myself.

Anybody with a receiver able to help out? 😊

Rgds

Henrik

E10K_card holder.jpg

22 hours ago, Funksammler said:

The manual number for the FuG 10 is D(Luft)T4005/2

That manual in question is almost 300 pages and also carefully binded,

so no easy option to find it full scanned form as it is quite a task.

17 minutes ago, Funksammler said:

The manual in PDF format is available here: https://www.luftfahrt-archiv-hafner.de I think it is also available on the RKK website for download: http://www.rkk-museum.ru/documents/library/library_1.shtml but I have not been able to make the link work...

regards,

Funksammler

First link offers DVD for the 49 EUR

https://www.luftfahrt-archiv-hafner.de/ausruestung.htm#_Hlk502687972

RKK museum has it in library (physical, paper manual), but not as digital download.

On 14/12/2019 at 18:14, val said:

@hcs, show also some nice inside images of your E10K.

Here you go😊

C29 is shortcircuited and need to be replaced inside can(will replace C27, C28 & C29)...

IMG_6340.jpg

IMG_6339.jpg

IMG_6341.jpg

IMG_6338.jpg

Edited by hcs
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I hope you all had a merry christmas and a happy new year.😀

Just before christmas I was able to find a complete reprint of the manual, in very nice quality in germany.😃

Today I managed to replace three 50nf (C27, C28, C29), with 47nf inside the can. I need to do more testing before connecting power to it. Do anybody have the U1 transformer as a spare? The one I have, is replaced with a compatible one, but without any fixing to chassis. otherwise I have to make a new mounting.

2ED125AB-C982-45FE-BE29-F896CF1172C5.jpeg

The manual is probably the best investment you can make! By now you will have a good impression of the complexity of the complete installation!

regards,

Funksammler

• 1 month later...

I am now starting to paint the front cover and the case for the E10K. I need to know the original color of the inside of the frontcover, is it the same like outside or another?

I managed to restore the last letter in  frequensangleich, where someone made a hole. I also made a new holder for the small card.

8334A262-D4B5-4A11-AFD4-AE4FA200E867.jpeg

0010AAE9-5AE4-4AAD-A620-F0E1B3FDC2B6.jpeg

A1D7B351-71A6-4F4E-B378-1482694B14AC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Funksammler said:

Painted grey inside and out. 

regards,

Funksammler

Thank you Funksammler👍

I am now finish painting the cover and front in grey.

1473839542_E10Kfrontmalet.thumb.jpg.158e68211187b008b5987ad4821cfb10.jpg

I need to make a new shield with the serial number 24490-41, for this I need a closeup photo, in high resolution and in 90 degrees angle, to get the proportions right.

I found this shield in the net, I am looking for something like this, because this is close for my serial number and from 1941. I don't know the manuafacturer of my receiver and don't know if it is possible to find out, using the stamps inside receiver?

1279767597_E10Kfront_shield.jpg.a56f9bef2a2028b3908c3e112d91b9c3.jpg

Anybody with a shield like this willing to make a nice photo? Then I'll be very happy :)

Edited by hcs
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am now finish with the front of the E10K, but I need to make the serial number plate.

I already did make two test versions of the plate, but need to make some small changes, before I'm happy.

I found out it was the older more wide version of the plate, that was supposed to be used, because of the length between the holes for the rivets.

I have a question about the plate, how thick is the aluminium plate used?

I hope one of you can help me out...

Serial01.jpg.07cdfeaab17a475eb8c9264eb7d01652.jpgE10K_new_front.thumb.jpg.1a5f3a52056e2878ff4dd8b844bb930a.jpg

Edited by hcs

I measured a few tag plates, they seem to be around 0.6 - 0.7 mm.

regards,

Funksammler

23 hours ago, Funksammler said:

I measured a few tag plates, they seem to be around 0.6 - 0.7 mm.

regards,

Funksammler

Thank you Funksammler, very helpfull, now I can continue making the tag plate:)