unknown helmet

BAR21

Hello from a new member hoping someone can shed light on this M-1 camouflaged helmet. The paint appears to have so age but need to identify the country of origin. It is a nice lid just curious as to its history – I have not looked for the heat stamp yet but is a rear seam and swivel bale. Comments are welcome my guess would be a WWII shell re-issued to an Asian country and camo added maybe 1970s or 80s?

unknown - 1.jpg

s-l1600 (40).jpg

unknown - 2.jpg

unknown - 4.jpg

unknown - 1 - Copy (2).jpg

s-l1600 (21).jpg

s-l1600 (19).jpg

Edited by BAR21

I was thinking the same thing, There are numerous photos on line and this could be a form of there cammo pattern but it looks as if there is very little wear on the external and those guys were in the thick of the fighting, It could be a recent paint job, its a shame that there is no interior liner as I think that these were marked with the names of the troops, either way its an unusual helmet

yes I agree but the paint in person shows age my guess 60s to 70s maybe photos don't do it justice but peeking though are rust underneath the camo paint

did you see the front lob possibly there was a head badge look at the rust there. I added a few photos of the head badge area and the odd type liner 

Edited by BAR21

• 4 months later...