Luftwaffe Pilot's Watch - Help Authenticating...

LondonHistory77

Hello Collector's,

I've just joined the forum and I need some assistance in authenticating this Luftwaffe Pilot's Watch I purchased in an antique shop in St Petersburg, Russia last year. The owner, Konstantin seemed very genuine and knowledgeable and provided his business card, a receipt and offers a guarantee of authenticity on everything he sells.

I know it was a gamble however the store was full of very expensive historical items that all looked and felt authentic....mainly WW2 German Daggers, Helmets, Soviet Pistols, Awards, Medals and so on.... and all at current US/UK price points.

The watch in question is from a Focke-Wulf 189-A1 Reconnaissance Plane - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focke-Wulf_Fw_189

It is a wind up watch and has a Swiss internal ticking system as it's marked 'Helvetica' (Latin for Switzerland) on the interior - it still functions when you wind it up....and finally it came with a relatively new strap.

I'd appreciate any feedback from my fellow forum members.

Best regards,

LH77

20200227_151926.jpg

20200227_151910.jpg

Screenshot_20200227-130927_WhatsApp.jpg

BTW, care to make some close up internal pictures of the clockwork, just for the reference?