M35/Norwegian reissue

Afrikakorpsrat64

I added this one recently, EF64 M35 Norwegian reissue with the textbook Norwegian Red dyed leather.

20200308_143903.jpg

20200308_143909.jpg

20200308_143917.jpg

20200308_143925.jpg

20200308_143934.jpg

20200308_143939.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice - I recall years and years ago when Blunderbuss Antiques used to sell these as well as over-painted, decal-ed up "German" lids....and they stated as such...which was admirable in those days...and I thought at the time one day someone's gonna want the Norwegian iteration ........'wish I'd've bought one then.....actually I wish I'd've bought 2 so I could trade one now for a tin of tomatoes or a loo roll!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 2 Black Bands said:

Nice - I recall years and years ago when Blunderbuss Antiques used to sell these as well as over-painted, decal-ed up "German" lids....and they stated as such...which was admirable in those days...and I thought at the time one day someone's gonna want the Norwegian iteration ........'wish I'd've bought one then.....actually I wish I'd've bought 2 so I could trade one now for a tin of tomatoes or a loo roll!

I'd trade ya 4 rolls, I got a stash.lol My 1st M40 as a kid was a primered grey former Norwegian/former German. Back in the 70's, Cant remember the name of the place. These Norwegians use to be cheap now they are fetching a premium themselves!. By the way @2 Black Bands, in case you find one..........

20200324_064154[1].jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 10 months later...

Hello,

As far as I remember the soldiers in WW1 and WW2 were only issued....x2 pieces of this toilet paper per day, so that's about the same as today's size -6" x 6" for every crap they had, can you imagine those who who suffered from dysentery ....x2 pieces per day......and how useless this would be to clean thereselves....Terrible!

I even remember when in the 50's we only had Izal? toilet paper.....Yeh more like sandpaper, just like the greasproof paper you use in cooking it was terrible and was completely useless to wipe your a***ss. The young ones today just have NO recollections of what we had to use and make do with...!!!

Best to you....Desert Rat

• Thanks 1

On 09/03/2020 at 19:39, Richard Auld said:

I have a similar but with the decals removed sadly!

Rich

Same here, and its in good condition