unknown devise in signals truck

pamak

Hello,

Does anybody know what is the devise immediately left of the teleprinter and under the lamp?

Thank you

feld-hell-firstgen-a.jpg

• Upvote 1

While I was searching for this, I found that the "Nuts & Bolts" Vol 32 has a   better picture of the same  setting with some commentary. I do not have the book and since it does not number the devise, it may not have any relative info. In any case, from a review video in youtube  in low resolution, one can see the same devise

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 1.05.39 PM.png

Edited by pamak
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I am not sure what you are refering to, the unit in the yellow square is an early type of Feldfernschreiber. Left of it is a E445Bs Tornister Empfänger.

regards,

Funksammler

• Upvote 2

Hello to you both,

I don't really know but it looks like a teleprinter possibly???. I am pleased Funk that you know what it is....Great!

Best to you both....Desert Rat

• 2 months later...
On 25/09/2020 at 06:11, Funksammler said:

I am not sure what you are refering to, the unit in the yellow square is an early type of Feldfernschreiber. Left of it is a E445Bs Tornister Empfänger.

regards,

Funksammler

Thank you for the reply!

I will try to  be specific because I think you are talking about the items numbered "1" and "2" at the bottom image  (from Nuts & Bolts" Vol 32 ) in my second post. 

Based on your answer and from my very basic understanding of the German communications equipment,  I understand that the unit marked as "2" is a  Feldfernschreiber and the unit  marked as "1" is the E445Bs Tornister Empfänger.

Now, if you notice in the bottom image of my second post , there is a third item  between item "1" and item "2" which is not numbered  and  does not even look like a radio or teletype equipment of any kind.  It is this item which I try to identify. This unidentified item is right below the left desk lamp. 

Thank you again  for the reply, and I am sorry for the slow response. 

Pamak

Edited by pamak
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 16/12/2020 at 08:54, pamak said:

Thank you for the reply!

I will try to  be specific because I think you are talking about the items numbered "1" and "2" at the bottom image  (from Nuts & Bolts" Vol 32 ) in my second post. 

Based on your answer and from my very basic understanding of the German communications equipment,  I understand that the unit marked as "2" is a  Feldfernschreiber and the unit  marked as "1" is the E445Bs Tornister Empfänger.

Now, if you notice in the bottom image of my second post , there is a third item  between item "1" and item "2" which is not numbered  and  does not even look like a radio or teletype equipment of any kind.  It is this item which I try to identify. This unidentified item is right below the left desk lamp. 

Thank you again  for the reply, and I am sorry for the slow response. 

Pamak

I can just see the back wall between the receiver and the Feldfernschreiber. It has a Bosch 12V socket for the Midgard lamp but that is about it...

regards,

FS

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Funks,

Very good reply to Pamak,

I wish I had your knowledge about comms....as without it I think the war would have been lost...especially with the Enigma and the breaking of it's codes by Alan Turin and Bletchley Park.....The unsung Hero's and Heroines of WW2......Also the Polish Resistance!

Best to you & Stay Safe......Desert Rat/ Ian

On 18/01/2021 at 13:15, Funksammler said:

I can just see the back wall between the receiver and the Feldfernschreiber. It has a Bosch 12V socket for the Midgard lamp but that is about it...

regards,

FS

Thanks for the reply!

Apparently, because it is a frontal picture and lacks depth perspective, I saw the back wall as an additional instument betweeen the receiver and the Feldfernschreiber. I was especially confused by the white, narrow horizontal stripe which I saw it as some type of a dial display. 

Edited by pamak
spelling
  • Like 1