Lee Enfield SMLE parts?

Toodlecat

Hey all, 

First post on here, 
I'm currently building a Lee Enfield SMLE up from just the barrel and receiver, I've done this a few times, and I hope that it will eventually make up my First World War display at some point in the near future. I can source all the pieces I need for the project, except I'm really struggling to find myself a butt stock for it! I've tried everywhere here in the UK to no avail. Can anyone recommend where I may be able to track one down for sale?

Kind regards, 

Harry!

• Like 1

Hello Harry,

Welcome to MCN, mmmmm Difficult question where to find one, there must be some on maybe ebay France?...Worth a look, I have seen them very , very occasioanly on ebay but try some dealers in the UK.....maybe D&B Militaria, Sussex, (where I had me "Live" sten gun deactivated)....they maybe able to help you. the phone number is on their website and only 15 minutes from me.

Good Luck and Best Wishes...Desert Rat/ Ian

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello Harry,

Welcome to MCN, mmmmm Difficult question where to find one, there must be some on maybe ebay France?...Worth a look, I have seen them very , very occasioanly on ebay but try some dealers in the UK.....maybe D&B Militaria, Sussex, (where I had me "Live" sten gun deactivated)....they maybe able to help you. the phone number is on their website and only 15 minutes from me.

Good Luck and Best Wishes...Desert Rat/ Ian

Thank you! Will give them a shout now

harry

• Like 1

Hello Harry,

I know how difficult it is to find that special part to complete a collectors item....cant promise but I will let you know if I find you one.

Best wishes...Desert Rat

5 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello Harry,

I know how difficult it is to find that special part to complete a collectors item....cant promise but I will let you know if I find you one.

Best wishes...Desert Rat

That would be very kind of you! Any help is much appreciated!

Kind regards, 
Harry 

• Thanks 1

Hello Harry,

Is there any special marks, makers marks, sizes, or are they all made the same for this rifle?.....Can you send an Image so I can search for you and try and get the correct one...We hope!

If I happen to find one I will send you the image and details whether in the UK of France etc

Best to you.......Ian

3 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello Harry,

Is there any special marks, makers marks, sizes, or are they all made the same for this rifle?.....Can you send an Image so I can search for you and try and get the correct one...We hope!

If I happen to find one I will send you the image and details whether in the UK of France etc

Best to you.......Ian

Hi Ian, 

I'm still quite new to collecting, and I don't know too much about my particular SMLE, but from what I've found online, i believe it to be a 1944 Lithgow, deactivated 1991 after becoming a sporter, I will attempt to convert it to its original form as much as possible.

20200901_180421.jpg

20200901_180436.jpg

20200910_220229 (1).jpg

• Thanks 1

WOW....That's a beauty....well done in not only finding it but your excellent re-construction....Superb!!

Best to you....ian

• Thanks 1