ID these uniforms?

FE3

Found pictures of my great grandfather and am having a hard time identifying the uniforms he is in.. Especially the youngest one with the 2’s on the collar and the black one with the pocket chain..

Appreciate the help.. Thank you..

3D1B1649-F19F-4E6F-8FE8-CD6E38801D1D.jpeg

7A0A95F1-C3F2-4B41-A3BC-24DD88321C1B.jpeg

8EB04305-4A3A-40BE-BB9B-71FCFFB7D9EF.jpeg

42C4E94D-4C3A-4A04-92CB-308A7111CE2E.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Hello,

Welcome to MCN. Great images, but sorry to say I am not a badge or uniform expert, but I hope a member on here will assist you.

Best to you.....Desert Rat

Hi,

The first is Police, looking at the senior rank in the middle I expect the surrounding police men have attended a course or such like?

No idea about the second one except it looks like WW1 era, you could try GMIC as they have a lot of people that specialize in this area.

Number 3 is a German soldier, probably infantry as it is a light or white 'waffen farbe' on the epaulets, if you could read the number you could then look up the unit on Lexicon Der Wehrmacht.

Lastly I am going to stick my neck out and say railway police or official see the picture (credit to emedals) of a similar buckle.

Best

Rich

a_german_railway_55b914ec2c3a3.jpg

I think you are right on the money with the last picture.. I was told at some time he worked on the railroad so that makes a lot of sense.. And me doing some research on it just now, I think that is exactly it..

Edited by FE3

Good, It looks like the same bloke in the 3 WW2 era pictures, family member perhaps?

Rich