SOLD Mills Bomb grenade mk 1 spares

Guppy

Sold it as a single unit in the end, cheers for you help anyway guys :)

IMG_20201024_173141.jpg

IMG_20201024_173055.jpg

IMG_20201024_173112.jpg

Edited by Guppy
Sold
  • Like 1

• Guppy changed the title to Mills Bomb grenade mk 1

Hello Guppy,

Nice images thanks......Very good condition and the markings look superb, very nice item for your collection.

Best to you.....Desert Rat/ Ian

Hi Guppy, 

not in good condition at all, sadly someone has taken a hacksaw to it at the top.

They have removed where the fly off lever fits (see picture)!

Best 

Rich

Mills_Bomb_SGM-1.jpg

guppy.jpeg

Edited by Richard Auld
  • Like 1

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate your advice. Where I'm at with it is it belonged to my dad, I inherited it but I'm not a collector so want to sell it on. I sent pics to one military antique shop in Brighton and contacted an auctioneer to get an idea of value. Neither picked up on the hacksawing. The antique shop valued at about 70 and the auctioneer said 45 to 55, hence me asking 50. If noone is likely to want it I'll take the ad down if you prefer? 

• Upvote 1

Hello Guppy,

Don't be despondent as to what others opinion is....although Rich is correct

Good Luck with your item and I hope you get the best price......!!!

I have many clients that want this actual grenade, but as the clip and pin is missing ...not worth as much, but still original.

The image below is what I found in a potato field exactly in front of Beaumont - Hamel- on the Front Line, complete with pin/handle and ready to go....."It was Live"...so I left it by a telegraph/ electric pole, I think the 3 rd one down the road on the right hand side looking towards Thiepval......It's probably still there 3 years later????

GRENADE FOUND BY ME 2013 - Copy.jpg

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

11 hours ago, Guppy said:

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate your advice. Where I'm at with it is it belonged to my dad, I inherited it but I'm not a collector so want to sell it on. I sent pics to one military antique shop in Brighton and contacted an auctioneer to get an idea of value. Neither picked up on the hacksawing. The antique shop valued at about 70 and the auctioneer said 45 to 55, hence me asking 50. If noone is likely to want it I'll take the ad down if you prefer? 

Guppy, what you might want to do is display the base plug, striker and the spring in a photo along side it, perhaps some one will buy it for those often missing parts and you can post it directly on here.

Rich

Edited by Richard Auld

• Guppy changed the title to Mills Bomb grenade mk 1 spares

Good plan. I'll do that :) now edited above to show parts available as spares 

• Like 1

• Guppy changed the title to SOLD Mills Bomb grenade mk 1 spares