Wanted ww1 & ww2 German, UK & Japan flags - Must be originals

Good evening everyone,

I am on the lookout for ww1 & ww2 original flags from the UK, Germany or Japan, only looking for original examples

If you have any please let me know

Warm regards

Mick

• Like 1

Hello Mick,

I have only FFI (French Resistance) original flags, also British and American flags from WW2....all bought from France and all 100% original....!!!

Best to you...Desert Rat

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0009 (2).JPG

WW2 USA FLAG.JPG

WW2 ORIGINAL BRIT FLAG.JPG

Hi,

Very nice selection you have there to, good to see some originals. The FFI ones are really nice to see.

Many thanks

Mick

• Thanks 1

Hello Mick,

Thanks for your compliment, if you are interested please let me know.....as I think I have to put them in the - For Sale - category. I have another x15 flags all different sizes and about x30 FFI (French Resistance Brassards) Arm bands all 100% original.

Best to you...Desert Rat/ Ian

FFI - BRASSARD 01.jpg

p (4).jpg

WINK 02 03.jpg

• 3 months later...

Thats a clean , good looking flag,, cant think why you would want to sell it, but to be honest i,ve done the same, but I have regretted it in the long run, they are not cheep any more, and I had mine for years

Brought back by one of my Uncles, but not my thing. Left to me by my Father along with other stuff. Still got my Uncles uniform and Medals along with my Grandfathers from WW1.

• Upvote 1

Hello To You,

Sorry I meant to Welcome you to MCN....We all hope you enjoy this Great Website and if we can be of any help, please let us know!

Thanks for showing us the flag....brilliant!

By the way, I presume? your Dad was in WW2.....if so can you tell us where he was during this time and what Regiment etc he served in? Sorry no offence to you in asking.

My Dad was in the 8th Army in the Western Desert (with Monty) up through Sicily, across to Italy then recalled for D-Day when he landed on 6th June 1944 in the afternoon, up through France, Belgium, Holland into Germany.....The recalled to the UK as the War finished!

Can you send us some images of the rest of your collection, the medals and uniform......Please!

Best to you.....Desert Rat/ Ian

The Image my Dad a driver of an American army Truck....Taken in France 1944

Dad and Army Lorry 1944.jpg

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

This is the Uncle I mentioned, I also had another two, one in the Army, and the other in the RAF. My Uncle Wilf was in Burma with the Signals, and my Grandfather was in the Northumberland Fusiliers. I dont have any medals or uniform from my other Uncles. The slippers were made for my Uncle in Burma, the red flower has faded.

DSC01894.JPG

DSC01895.JPG

DSC01896.JPG

DSC01897.JPG

DSC01898.JPG

DSC01899.JPG

DSC01900.JPG

• Upvote 1

Hey Mick.......

That is fantastic and so many thanks for showing us....Another "Brave Hero" who fought for Freedom, as well as the other members of your Dear Family.

Excellent and again.....Grateful Thanks for showing us these, very precious awards from you that you must treasure

Best to you.....Desert Rat/ Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Like 1

Hell Mick,

I wished I had the uniform from my Dad hanging in my office during his service during WW2......sadly I think they had to surrender them in to the bloody war office when their duty was finished...What a helluva shame for me, as he died in 1973 aged 53, and his Father, My Granddad was in the "Battle of Jutland" which was an horrendous battle, he was a stoker on the coal fired boilers and very sadly died aged 47 and is buried near me at Chiddingstone, Kent, churchyard, I still believe he died from the coal dust shovelling the every day.....I sadly and obviously never met him but for what he and Millions of others like your family ----Gave and Sacrificed......WE REMEMBER THEM....!

• Upvote 1

Thank You Mike, Sincerely for your like.

I wish you well and Stay Safe.

Thinking of all your Dear Family Who, suffered, were killed, and those very Luck enough to return home to their Loved Ones......We will NEVER feel the pain, anguish, and heart ache they suffered from.......But as said our Memory is Still Strong, we miss them Dearly with tears and heartache ....WE will Always Remember Them....!!!

LONE POPPY TO REMEMBER THEM ALL.jpg

Hello Mike,

Here is a photo,

Of my Grandfather who I never met that was on the Battleships during the Battle of Jutland....He died so young at 47 year old, as many service men did after WW1 and WW2......We owe them our sincere Thanks and Courage, Bravery and Loyalty.......For what they have Sacrificed for for "Freedom Today "

Many, Many people today have forgotten, don't care, have no reason to even think about the suffering that these "Boys" went through and suffered....But WE DO...For them We Do Care and Remember Them ALL.....!!!!

Desert Rat/ Ian

Dads...Dad & Mum...1920's.jpg

IMGP3138.JPG

LONE POPPY TO REMEMBER THEM ALL.jpg

Hello Mike,

If I can in anyway help you with your collection, I will try my best, but there are others on MCN far more knowledgable than me.....F======K I cant even spell good...sorry, but you know what I mean...I hope?

Best to you....Desert Rat/ Ian

• Thanks 1