British flag - Is it an original please ?

Hello,

Hope i'm posting in the correct area for help, i'm looking at buying a British ww2 panel stitched flag, the following images are of the said item, it looks good to me but am i right in thinking its correct ?

Many thanks
Mick

uk2.jpg

uk3.jpg

uk4.jpg

uk1.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Mick,

Welcome to MCN....we all hope you enjoy this Great Military Website.

Regards the flag....there are many being sold that are as fakes, the flag may well be original (but there is very little to show it has been displayed---regarding wear marks/ rain/ dye has bled into the flag) but the stamps look to me too new....as though someone has made up their own stamp and used it, can't say I am certain as I don't know how old the flag is?

I stand to be corrected by any MCN member....Just my opinion. I add an original image of a WW2 French Resistance (FFI) flag with original provenance and wear/ use marks-either on a building or display or used on a truck or jeep.

Thanks for showing us

Best to you....Desert Rat

DSC_0026.JPG

Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to view and reply, it is a minefield when looking to buy, i thought this looked a good one but very greatful you saved me from a fake, they are good at these fakes, supposed to be ww2 flag this one.

Maybe i'm looking in the wrong places for good ones

Thanks again