It Ain't Half Hot Mum...

Lenny

• Field Marshall

The above video has the sound and picture modified so the BBC don't remove it from YouTube, because they would. ;) Here's what Battery Sergeant Major Williams really sounds like... ;)

• Upvote 3

• Major General

I wondered why it sounds like they are on Helium!xD

On 29/02/2016 at 23:59, Lenny said:

The above video has the sound and picture modified so the BBC don't remove it from YouTube, because they would. ;) Here's what Battery Sergeant Major Williams really sounds like... ;)

I loved this series as a kid, its a shame how the late Don Estelle ended up

• Field Marshall

How did he end up?

• 2 months later...

This brings back memories! When i was a kid they filmed the outside scenes for this on the common at the end of my road and i used to hang about and chat with Cha wallah and the crew. Windsor Davies was cool but Gloria and lofty were divas lol

Estelle ended up selling tapes of his records on a stall, and singing songs to the public passers by, dressed in his Lofty outfit, very sad ending to a gifted tenor with a beautiful voice

• Like 1

• Major General

After IAHHM he must've been so typecast it would've been really difficult for him to get other acting jobs....wasn't he a bit parter in that Hi de Hi spin-off? You rang m'lud....rhymes with crud...cos I never liked it.>:(

Bit of a shame really that he couldn't make more of his voice.if X factor had been around then things might've been different.... :|

When you think about it theres very few of that cast still alive today, we,ve lost a couple of comic geniuses