Hey Y'all

GunsWiller46

Hello Guns,

I see you are from Kursk...the biggest tank battle in history, I believe the small town near were it was fought was- Profanofka?.

I am sure if you have a metal detector you will find all sort of objects...I wish you well in finding them, and send us some Images what you have on MCN.

Take Care and Best to You....Desert Rat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kursk

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello Guns,

I see you are from Kursk...the biggest tank battle in history, I believe the small town near were it was fought was- Profanofka?.

I am sure if you have a metal detector you will find all sort of objects...I wish you well in finding them, and send us some Images what you have on MCN.

Take Care and Best to You....Desert Rat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kursk

Prohorovka and Ponyri :)

• Like 1

Hello Guns,

I believe the greatest tank battle in history......Even my Dad In the Western Desert Fighting against Rommels Afrika Korps during 1941-1942 and after.....never had such terrible battles as this one in / near Kursk. So many thousands of tank crews killed in both armies but the Russians had more numbers with the T-34 tank!

Brave Men and Heroic!

Best to you.....Desert Rat

• Like 1

Many Thanks Guns,

My Dad had a terrible time in the Western Desert he was 21 in 1941, as did all who through there, then across to Sicily, the to Salerno, Italy, then re-called back to the UK to prepare for the Normandy Landings - D-Day, in which he landed on the afternoon of the 6th June 1944....if I can find the story I wrote I will post it here.

Best To You....Desert Rat/ Ian

5912125e85757_DAD02.jpg.6fedfe5b10a52bb07da3aeca2823eb6e.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Many Thanks Guns,

My Dad had a terrible time in the Western Desert he was 21 in 1941, as did all who through there, then across to Sicily, the to Salerno, Italy, then re-called back to the UK to prepare for the Normandy Landings - D-Day, in which he landed on the afternoon of the 6th June 1944....if I can find the story I wrote I will post it here.

Best To You....Desert Rat/ Ian

5912125e85757_DAD02.jpg.6fedfe5b10a52bb07da3aeca2823eb6e.jpg

It is very interesting! thanks for the information :)

• Upvote 1