Where are ALL the Members from a Long Time Ago?...We All Miss You...From All on MCN

Desert Rat

Hello To ALL the old friends and Members of MCN  before I came on here,

You are the ones that started this and we want to hear from you again...You are our Friends on MCN....Even though we have never met, yes we miss you.

Where are you all, you gave so much to MCN with your points of view, comments, interesting articles and Images.....WE ALL WANT YOU BACK!

Come on Please and support us all as we keep on ......But WE NEED YOU..and MISS YOU.....!

Desert Rat/ Ian

d83c370df3b15c1e895267b4659b0f21.jpg

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Thanks 1

YES.....I would like to see you ALL back on here!

Take Care My Friends Stay Safe & My Best Wishes to You ALL....!!!

Desert Rat/ ian

• Like 2

Sorry, been neglecting the site. Attention Deficit Disorder tends to keep me hopping from pillar to post.🤣

Hey, what happened to the post about that Panzer winter hat for $5500?

• Upvote 2

Hello Ahrtal,

Good to see you on here again, a good old member from some time ago, please send us some images of your collection when you can...Thanks!.

The winter hat I don't know at all where it is, I will have a look and let you know.

Best to you & Stay Safe

Desert Rat

Hello Ahrtal,

Hope you are well, sorry I cannot find the ad for the Furry hat you had on here some time ago..aaaaaaaaarrrgggggghhhh.

Do you remember where you posted it?

Best wishes & Stay Safe....Desert Rat/ Ian

Hello Tony,

Well I hope the "Blood is pumping again"....as we have Ahrtal back on and a couple of others, slow, but by our encouragement and Best Wishes....We hope they will come back...There are quite a few who have left...So by a quick message we can get them back on here to support MCN......There is no other site that has so much to give than this one!

And to ALL you .....Guests who come on here regularly.....Rembember......IT'S FREE TO JOIN.....Dont forget!

JOIN MCN NOW...and show us your items. Or ask us some questions, send us images of your collection....WE are here to assist YOU!

Take Care & Best Wishes to ALL our Guests.

Desert Rat and the Members of MCN.

waving-soldier (1).gif

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Major General

Ive been AWOL for ages. Too busy with the small business. Will endeavour to post up again.

Waffy

• Upvote 1

The ex Fred Karnos Army here from the early days of this forum. Been off grid for a couple of years mental health and physical health wise and now pretty much housebound with ME and a spinal tumour. 
  Anyway could be worse...... 🧿

I’ll try and catch up on here but can’t promise I’ll be as active as before for obvious reasons.

Paul 

Edited by Baghdadbilly
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Major General

Oi Oi.  Good to see you mate. Will come and visit you once Rona buggers off

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Definitely buddy the kettle is always on as long as the wife’s about and I’m up and about 👍.

• Upvote 2

Aye well, if that pair above can come back...then so can I....;) 

Hello chaps...:) 

• Upvote 3

Glad to see you back Norrie, hope you are well , its been a long time

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 22/04/2021 at 22:55, Davejb said:

Glad to see you back Norrie, hope you are well , its been a long time

Hi Dave, Glad to be back mate...yep, its been a long time....all is good here...literally just getting over the Covid, still off work,( 6 weeks) and getting lungs checked, but that only gives me more time to be on here...:)

• Upvote 3

Hello Norrie,

Really good to see you back on here....A BIG Welcome to you as we have missed you!

Sorry to hear you have been ill, but on behalf of us all.....We wish you well and get better soon.

Very Best To You.!

Desert Rat/ Ian

waving-soldier (1).gif

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Norrie said:

Hi Dave, Glad to be back mate...yep, its been a long time....all is good here...literally just getting over the Covid, still off work,( 6 weeks) and getting lungs checked, but that only gives me more time to be on here...:)

@Norriehad it myself back in January. was dealing with the fatigue for months! Got my 1st shot , and after being very sick for 2 days, the fatigue has let up! Hang in there my friend. we are survivors. I get my 2nd shot May 14th

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

@Norriehad it myself back in January. was dealing with the fatigue for months! Got my 1st shot , and after being very sick for 2 days, the fatigue has let up! Hang in there my friend. we are survivors. I get my 2nd shot May 14th

Hiya, Thanks for the good wishes....it floored me, I can tell you that....I had my 1st jab at 1430hrs on Friday 21st March....and at 1830, thought I was dying...the covid had hit in that 4 hours.......I thought it was something to do with the jab, so left it for a couple of days and was confirmed on the Sunday evening...by Weds, I was being taken to hospital.....got loose the next morning tho...:)

Yep, the fatigue is bad...some days, I just want to go back to bed as soon as I wake up.......that and shortness of breath....am dying to get back out with the bangstix...but cant do it...any walk is too far right now...

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Norrie said:

Hiya, Thanks for the good wishes....it floored me, I can tell you that....I had my 1st jab at 1430hrs on Friday 21st March....and at 1830, thought I was dying...the covid had hit in that 4 hours.......I thought it was something to do with the jab, so left it for a couple of days and was confirmed on the Sunday evening...by Weds, I was being taken to hospital.....got loose the next morning tho...:)

Yep, the fatigue is bad...some days, I just want to go back to bed as soon as I wake up.......that and shortness of breath....am dying to get back out with the bangstix...but cant do it...any walk is too far right now...

Yeah I have been having a very hard time with work and all, but feeling better now, I do hope the fatigue will subside for you soon! Speaking of bangstix, took my K98 and my Gew 88 out 10 days ago, Was great fun, its been years since Ive been out!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

Yeah I have been having a very hard time with work and all, but feeling better now, I do hope the fatigue will subside for you soon! Speaking of bangstix, took my K98 and my Gew 88 out 10 days ago, Was great fun, its been years since Ive been out!

173784602_4096545683701014_7865974980982579188_n.jpg

173607144_4096545903700992_5476741993039086883_n.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Tony,

Very nice rifles, so pleased that you and Norrie and Paul who you have known way before me have a great friendliness between you....Nice to read!

Take Care All of You.....I wish You Three buddies Well and Hopefully you all will feel better soon.

Desert Rat/ Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Thanks 1

On 25/04/2021 at 17:34, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

173784602_4096545683701014_7865974980982579188_n.jpg

173607144_4096545903700992_5476741993039086883_n.jpg

LOVE the K98...I only ever had a deact., de Nazified Russian capture, but still loved it....sold it to a mate darn sarf....how does it shoot??? Another mate had a LE 303, with a proper period sniper rifle, he held his club record at 1000yds with it., I shot it a few times and loved that one too..not as much kick as I thought their would be.....so much so, I bought another deact, and pretended...LOL....I have a Lee Metford carbine rifle, dated 1899, that has a brass button on the butt to an RGA regt and a rack no...will have to do some research on it...its seemingly Boer War period.......Will get some pics of it on through the week...:)

Yep, The fatique is ( I think) the worst...being constantly tired aint fun, is it??....so much so, that I think my hill stalking days are over...sold the Browning X Bolt 270 yesterday......still got a 243 and a triple...but they might be kept for the "level" farms I have on Roe and foxes...:) 

• Thanks 1

The LE 303 was my best weapon and I got a marksmanship award at Bisley when I was an adult in the Army Cadet Force, and when I was In the Police Force I was Firearms trained and my weapon  was  a Ruger . But in the stores there was an MP 40 that had been taken in a raid, and If we were lucky we got to shoot it, It made a mess of the target, and also was a Thomson  but only the bosses where allowed to shoot it, which was a real bummer

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Dave,

A Very good account of your service in the Police Force.....I personally commend you for your loyal work in keeping as it were the " Peace"....To .You and your fellow friends in the Service .....deserve all our appreciation for your Bravery and firm resolve to keep the Citizens of the UK .......Protected.

We really appreciate your Brave support......Desert Rat/ Ian