"DOODLEBUGS" - V1'S DROPPED IN KENT

Desert Rat

Doodlebugs & Buzz Bombs....

Thought I would add this web image that my brother designed...for all the V1's dropped in Kent and South London.....The red dots show roughly where they came down, one is still near where I live in a wood, it exploded but all the ironwork and debris is still there, part the frame is still sticking up through the ground....I just need a spade and some hard work to find all the parts!

Click on the image below to see the massive V1 site that I found near Rouen, France....Worth a visit if you can find it?

Many Thanks to Waff for the image below.

If you live in Kent or South London....Was there any that dropped near you?....Please let us know.

Desert Rat

(Sole Copyright....Ian R. Bridle/ Edenbridge/ Kent)

58d05d0873522_WW12PHOTOSFORSTORY030.png.afb5e6c2a7b1f19a463cde8a9baec930.png

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Like 1

Hello To You All,

I hope you find this interesting....Yes I hope you do!

But those who lived in the North of the UK, far from this barrage of destruction and death probably have some idea what the V1's destroyed and how many they killed in the South of England and parts of London.....Until the V2 arrived with extreme death and destruction for those in London!

The V1's which landed in Croydon, Surrey, (London)

V1's fell in Croydon.jpg

1024px-Esquema_de_la_V-2.jpg

Edited by Desert Rat

Hello,

I would just like to add some images that I took in France at the V1 site at- La Coupole- they have a great Museum there with many artifacts, films, V1's on display and a V2, planes and the Atomic bombs (replicas we hope!!!)...just a few miles from St Omer.

This rocket site was producing V1's and V2's, by the use of many concentration inmates mainly from Buchenwald  -Russian, Polish, French, Dutch etc to dig the tunnels, assemble the rockets...deep underground where many tunnels caved in and the prisoners are still there entombed in the rocks and tunnels they were digging......using picks, shovels, hammers and chisels, loading the debris into metal carts and along rails to be dumped outside the main camp.

As far as I remember....NO V1's or V2's were ever fired at London from this site as a Massive Bombing Campaign was issued to the RAF squadrons (617???) to bomb it using - "Tall Boys" which penetrated down through solid re-inforced concrete to destroy the site...that's why the dome on the top of the site is tilted to one side!

It's display is really good showing the size of the V1 (The V1 is roughly 1/3 of the size of the V2) right up to the size of the Saturn 5 ( All Thanks to the "Paperclip Conspiracy") when the U.S under the noses of those in control of the occupied zone (British) stole/ took thousands of documents that were hidden and also whisked off to the U.S......Werner Von Braun and some of his Top Scientists to pave the way for the now well established---"Race to the Moon"

The Atomic Bomb -dropped on Hiroshima nicknamed - "Little Boy"

(Images Sole Copyright of Ian Robertson Bridle...Not to be used without permission)

IMGP4150.JPG

IMGP4149.JPG

IMGP4148.JPG

IMGP4167.JPG

IMGP4170.JPG

IMGP4065.JPG

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text