American bosun pipe N & H sterling for sale

len mcdowell

Here is an actual bosun pipe by the American silversmiths Nussbaum & Hunold, Providence Rhode Island. 

They are listed as manufacturing from 1903 to 1925, just 22 years. Mark Nussbaum, Walter Hunold. 

Any offers ?

B512.JPG

Edited by len mcdowell
  • Like 1

Hello Len,

Sorry for the delay in Welcoming you to MCN...We all hope you find this Military Site Interesting and hope to see more of your collection.

Very Nice item....Sorry to say I know nothing about these whistles and what value it could be worth?.....Good Luck with your sale.

Best to you....Desert Rat

Hoping to stir up some interest in a neglected field 🙂 Here is a whistle first advertised in 1870 as a 'watchman' whistle. Made by Thomas Yates probably for the railway. However this one is stamped CAM on the pillar top. A military stamp perhaps ? I have others with similar stamps mixed with numbers. 

Any thoughts ? Len

image (12).jpeg

image (13).jpeg

• Upvote 1

I am not sure that there are many on hear( if any) that deal with these , but its good to see something a bit out of the norm, as for prices it would a a complete guess, as the first one is Silver it may be worth 40 /50 pounds, but is it pure silver

• Upvote 1