Flag Poles Presented to Gen. John J Pershing and Expeditionary Forces 1919.

Guardian Weaponry

Hi all...this is my first post to the forum and I hope to be an active member. It is nice to find a place where people have similar interests and can share information.

These two flag poles were found in the basement of a NYC school and given to my father a few years ago.  They are in amazing shape but it has been very hard to nail down a value since nobody has ever seen another one for comparison.  One plaque is presented from Massachusetts and one from Delaware. 

pixlr_20210128204314784.jpg

20210128_202941.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hello,

Really Brilliant and superb for your collection....Very rare I am sure!

Thanks for showing us on MCN...Something we never see!

Best to you ....Desert Rat

Hi Desert Rat,

Thanks so much for the reply.  I'm very happy to share these with everyone.  Maybe there will be someone with a little more knowledge on these items than I have.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

Sorry I should have welcomed you as a new member....which I and we on MCN ...do now.....WELCOME

If you have any more items from your collection please show us on MCN.....We Look forward to seeing them.

Best to you & Stay Safe!

Desert Rat/ Ian-UK

• Like 1

I most definitely will.  I have some stuff coming in soon and just picked up a few cool pieces that I'll post.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Guardinan,

Please let us know on MCN what new items you have bought...with images Please.

Best to you...Desert Rat/ Ian

Hello ,

These batons should be in a Museum as very special and rare, but they may buy them from you?

Best to you.......Desert Rat/ Ian

• 2 months later...

My advice would be to take these to one of the largest Military Museums you have, Let them find out all the history on them, you may find that these are a lot more rare than you think, it could be that these are part of items that have been missing for years and no one new where they were, but do not sell them yet, you could , if you wanted to, loan them out to  one of the National museum for display, that way they will be looked after and your name will be listed. Let us know how you get on

• Like 1