Removed

Richie

Is this a live round, if so you can not post here, we are not allowed to show live rounds, it could get us into trouble plus the fact that if it is a dum dum  these are banded and you could end up in all sorts of trouble

• Like 1

The use of dum dums in war was banned.  To the best of my knowledge there is no law against owning them where I live.

• Like 1

Hello,

Well I have fired many guns in clubs only...except the Sten Gun by a river in France, but I haven't seen a dum-dum before they as I know are very deadly and hope this on you have is a deactivated one. I have fired 44 "Dirty Harry" 8...3/8th barrel revolver, 357 Colt Magnum 6", 22, AMF semi-auto pistol and a 38 S & W "Saturday Night Special".....and many  others besides but the best of all was the .44 Magnum....with a factory load it was phenomanal...Power.....Incredible!!!

But I used to load my own with different powders normally Nobel? "Blue Spot?"..I think it was , well different powders for the maximum force

Best to you....Desert Rat/ Ian.

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Like 1

As a young man in the mid-eighties (I'm showing my age here) I bought a Mk 1 Lee Enfield and the Mk IV hollow point .303 round was in amongst the rifle's accessories. It is from the same era as the rifle, i.e. the very end of the 19th century.  They were developed and produced for use in the Boer War but were quickly banned for use in war by the Hague Convention of 1899, as they were inhumane.  The remaining stocks were then used up by the military in target practice.  I'm certainly no advocate of hollow point rounds but it is undeniably a piece of military history and I think possibly quite a rare one (though I could be wrong on this).  Has anybody ever seen or own one of these rounds (particularly one with the same headstamp markings)?

I can understand why posting the round on this forum might be controversial (though I didn't intend it to be) and I'm happy for the post be removed if that's what people want.

• Upvote 1

I think it would be a good idea to remove it, we could get all sorts of grief come our way

• Like 1

• Richie changed the title to Removed

Hello Richie,

Good advice from Dave for the reputation of this site as it could pose many problems for MCN, especially if it was reported and a possibly of someone thinking you were selling them?

Best to you....Desert Rat/ Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Like 1

Hello Richie,

Good on you for removing the image, it could have caused you a few problems on here too, as mentioned before, now that's sorted have you any more of your collection you can show us on MCN?

Best to you.....Desert Rat/ ian

• Like 1