Is there anyone out there who could help identify this helmet a bit more.

Scooter007

I believe it is a helmet belonging to British tank personnel but I’m not too sure, there is also some red markings on the side so I would be very grateful if anyone could shed some light onto those. Thanks.

81915F5D-8CC9-470E-8844-07077A762614.jpeg

96E4A25F-ED81-4506-A8FB-029767B3FA8B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we see the insides , also there may be a name inside but sometimes they are very hard too spot

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

From what I m seeing its a Fld Reg RA , The side part could have been a Divisional sign, as to what i,m not sure but its a 43 so its a good one

At a guess about 80 to 100 quid, but it might go a but more due to its age and condition

Thanks, I cant seem to find any Royal Artillery helmets of this style, They all seem to be brodie helmets. It looks quite similar to a tanker helmet or para helmet but maybe there is just no pictures of them as artillery helmets.

Hello Scooter,

Welcome to this Great Military Website....Although I am not a follower of WW1- WW2 Helmets (only The French Resistance items) I am pleased that Davejb was able to assist you....He is the Man on MCN.

Best to you both.....Desert Rat/ Ian

• Upvote 1

Look on Google , or just type in British ww2 tanker helmets, there are loads on sites, The name RA is just what they were given as a lot of tank crews wore them, but others had them as well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Scooter,

I have had a look through Google at  many different types of helmet as in your first image, I am no expert  but the one in the link below looks much the same??

I think it could be a Para helmet ......????

But it seems to have the same strap or very similar?

By the way if I am wrong about this .....Please correct me, as there are many more knowledgable members than me on MCN.....!!!

https://bid.candtauctions.co.uk/m/lot-details/index/catalog/54/lot/17510?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F54%3Fpage%3D8

Have another look and see what you you can find?

ww2 british royal artillery helmets----Google

Best to you......Desert Rat/ Ian

46779_6.jpg

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Upvote 1

This is a RAC Tank Helmet as it is stated on the Auction site that sold it, Para helmets have a different internal webbing set up, but this is the same type as the one you have an interest in

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ok Dave,

I wasn't sure and I am glad you have enlightened me...I just thought I would try and help him.....but I got it all wrong, thanks for the info.

Best to you & your wife I hope all is well.

Desert Rat/ Ian

Hello Scooter,

A real shame we cannot see the insignia on the helmet very clearly, but I am intrigued as to the markings etc, although Dave is probably your best bet for his knowledge, I just come up with a couple of images that may?????? assist you?

I am not sure, but searching through Google but this is what I found, right or wrong I don't really know?

Best to you.....Desert Rat/ Ian

https://www.google.com/search?q=ww2+rOYAL+ARTILLERY++tank+helmet+insignia&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwif_7TXsKHvAhUF-4UKHT8sBk8Q2-cCegQIABAA&oq=ww2+rOYAL+ARTILLERY++tank+helmet+insignia&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQDFCRixdYkeEXYOD8F2gAcAB4AIABfogB8AuSAQQxNS4ymAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWfAAQE&sclient=img&ei=OXRGYN_-CYX2lwS_2Jj4BA&bih=588&biw=1350&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBGB691GB691#imgrc=nFC0SJpT8BJDWM&imgdii=_pmn_ACt8V6plM

ww2 ROYAL ARTILLERY  tank helmet insignia--------Google

http://www.spandaumilitariashop.com/1939-dated-army-royal-artillery-steel-helmet/

images.jpg

images (1).jpg

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

Ian, you are showing  an Ordinary steel helmet, not a tankers helmet, there are at least a few hundred different divisional markings and I dont think we will be anywhere near finding what the markings were in this helmet, plus for sum reason Scooter is not replying to our comments at this time

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Brown liner would suggest post war Belgian helmet. Could still be an original British WW2 RAC shell. But with that liner it’s likely Belgian post war re issue.

Jenko.