Can anyone tell me if this tunic is actually from the war?

Scooter007

I'm looking at this tunic to buy. I believe it is a WW2 Bomb aimer's tunic but I don't know if it is reproduction. Could anyone help me check if it is real before I buy it?

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

• Upvote 1

Well I,m no expert on these, , if you have a chance look inside the sleeves where the  crown stiching is, I,m not hundred per cent sure, but i dont think the stiching should show up on the inside, If its ok it all depends on whats the asking price,  the insides look very clean and unworn and the outsides are faded

• Like 1

Davejb, unfortunately I cant get any more pictures as I'm looking to buy it so I cant take these. It is on an auction 

Edited by Scooter007
  • Like 1

It is on an auction with 4 days left so not much people have bidded yet, its sitting at £25.50 but will probably get lots more bids.

• Like 1

Thats pretty low even for early bids, if it is what they say it is, just be a bit careful 

Hello,

In regard to davejb comments...he is exactly correct, as mentioned before this man has greater knowledge than me regarding this and many different items regarding war items.

I, hope you do well with it and as davejb has said, it should be more money than this?

Good Luck and Best to you....Desert Rat/ Ian

Can you give us an update as to if you have any more info or did you buy these items and whether the prices where ok, looking again at the crowns these appear to be Kings crowns which would be correct for that time but these have been reproduced in later years and very well done

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Scooter,

Just asking if you had a good price on the uniform?  Hope so and you made on it.

Best to you...Desert Rat

I dont think he is on the site anymore, he did,nt reply to any of our posts and not posted any more from that day

• Thanks 1