Chevron badge usage - French Army WW1

WW1collector101

Hi all, I am hoping you can help me determine what type of WW1 uniform I have in my collection. I believe it is a WW1 french uniform, but I am a bit puzzled by the "chevron-like" badge on the left sleeve. As you can see, the chevrons are gold and are V shaped, pointing downwards (see 1 & 2). However it is my understanding that French units used chevrons to denote service time and all of the images and material I have seen have these pointing UP in a tipi like shape (see attached 2 & 3). I would appreciate it if anyone has any insight/input. Thank you!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/nqXWFSM

Ricardo 

• Like 1

Sorry Ricardo but its not letting the posting in, it might be better to just show the items on here

Hi Dave, thank you so much for your quick response and suggestion! Here are the images:

1.png.70e07de5f2820eb44f562c3bebedc12b.png2.png.cd7c663383953d8831e3925d54dcf163.png3.png.a6e93812fabec8b439c90863e53c5938.png4.png.0af19d5f31b682a33376dfac39a4d9e9.png

• Like 1

Hi WW1, yes it seems these may have been placed the wrong way up, can you check the inside of the sleeve, see if the stiches are right the way through ,it might be that someone has added those chevrons on later, and they have got them the wrong way up, also can we see the buttons in close up, Those chevrons look like the English type but its hard too tell from here

Hi WW! have you had any luck with the insides of the arm. It would be interesting to see what you have found out plus the buttons, thanks Dave

Hello WW1,

Great uniform, but it seems Davejb is correct the stripes are upside down???..Dont know what happened there....? But a lovely item from WW1.....

Well Done in finding it and ....Keep It!

Best to you and thanks for showing us on MCN.......Desert Rat