John Mills- actor

Desert Rat

Hello to you all,

I must make another suggestion for a Great Film Actor Apart from Harry Andrews (of which there were very many)  - John Mills. He lived near me in Edenbridge, Kent and  saw him regularly in the town with his lovely wife and daughters, He was on of the Very Best Actors in the UK since the 40' - 50's and on.

He portrayed in his films a great friendly character and he had to me a sincere warmth , as well as a very true to life anger and frustrations he acted as he was expected to display by the directors. His acting in films are innumerable for this Great Actor of which he always received a standing ovation from the Academy Awards and so on. He was Brilliant in every role he played/ acted....there could be nothing said to critisise his acting.....Just to mention, my favourite films - Dunkirk - Ice Cold in Alex - In which We Serve.....just to name three, but his whole acting career of over 120 films could not be faulted he was one of the GREATEST ACTORS in English Films and cinema......

After their desperate and terrible treck across the Western Desert in an Army Ambulance, sweat, tears, frustration, hope and Freedom.......They Certainly Deserved That Wonderful Cold Beer.....!!!

.Miss You Sir John Mills....!!!

Desert Rat/ Ian

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

Edited by Desert Rat

At the end of Ice cold in Alex, in the bar, the director had Mills drink 6 of the real beers, and at the end of shot he was as drunk as a Lord, and had to go lie down, but you dont see it in his acting. One of my Uncle,s was at the Savoy in London and sent a beer over to Mills, who was at the bar, it was the same as he had drunk in the film, Mills lifted the beer and drank it down in one, there was a round of cheers from the people there and he went over and thanked my Uncle for the beer and they spoke for a few minutes, my Uncle was well happy

• Thanks 1

Hello Dave,

What a brilliant account, very interesting and Thanks for sharing it with us.

Best to you both.......Ian