Verner Compass

LinzG

Anyone able to shed some more light on this for me please ?
From Google possibly a Pattern III Marching compass ?

Worth insuring ?  

Any help much apreciated

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Hi, from what I have seen online, one of these was sold and it appears that this make is rare, it was Serial No 1353 dating from 1895, your one has a an early serial no of 976, It really depends on how much is being ask  for this item,  the one on line is the same maker but was owned by a high ranking officer, but that is all I can fined at the moment, If you can get it at a decent price do it

5 minutes ago, Davejb said:

Hi, from what I have seen online, one of these was sold and it appears that this make is rare, it was Serial No 1353 dating from 1895, your one has a an early serial no of 976, It really depends on how much is being ask  for this item,  the one on line is the same maker but was owned by a high ranking officer, but that is all I can fined at the moment, If you can get it at a decent price do it

Hi, I've just inherited it from my Dad. It was possibly my Grandfather's.  Was just trying to find out more if possible.  Thanks. 

In that case I think you can count your self lucky, as this maker is by all accounts a rare piece, and if it is still in working order all the better, and being from WW1 these items do increase in value, I hope you will keep it safe, good luck