Reichsbahn Cockade

Afrikakorpsrat64

Got a Reichsbahn visor cockade in today. To add to my Railway odds and ends. I love trains. The cockade is an AssMann and has all pins. Just need a cap! The O scale Model railroad is being rebuilt this weekend.

20210402_083825.jpg

20210402_124317[1].jpg

20210402_124056[1].jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thats a nice grouping you have there, and ooooh a train set, we dont get the same size trains as you do over here in the UK but we do have some very large model layouts from some great model makers, nearly every kid had a train set at one time, but they are very heavy on prices now

• Thanks 1

Nice grouping indeed.
Here's a picture of a female RBD employee during the war.
I think her armpatch say RBD Stuttgart

helferin.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That would make sence , the train is label,ed Stuttgart and her poster is the same

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great set-up Tony, coming along really great, hope to see it going around the track sometime.

Best to you....Ian

• Thanks 1

What's the chance Tony of buying a complete WW2 German train set-up, with all the anti-aircraft guns etc etc on it, and wagons with tanks on......Very rare or impossible? Or I guess I am a dreamer?????

Hope you can get one?......Best to you...Ian

• Thanks 1

There are one or 2 sets out on the market I believe. They can get quite expensive. Most of my engines, track etc are vintage 1950's. I do alot of my own painting and decals, so i can have the engines with my favorite road  names. Western Pacific was my favorite, no longer in existence. The F3 (Orange silver and black) is one I did myself, also the Green and Orange one, doesnt have name on it yet will be Sacramento Northern(which is also no longer in existence)Its possible to convert a steam loco to a German type WW2, and add the other cars tanks etc.

20210405_145527.jpg

20210405_145534.jpg

20210405_145559.jpg

20210405_150001.jpg

20210405_150211.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

There are one or 2 sets out on the market I believe. They can get quite expensive. Most of my engines, track etc are vintage 1950's. I do alot of my own painting and decals, so i can have the engines with my favorite road  names. Western Pacific was my favorite, no longer in existence. The F3 (Orange silver and black) is one I did myself, also the Green and Orange one, doesnt have name on it yet will be Sacramento Northern(which is also no longer in existence)Its possible to convert a steam loco to a German type WW2, and add the other cars tanks etc.

20210405_145527.jpg

20210405_145534.jpg

20210405_145559.jpg

20210405_150001.jpg

20210405_150211.jpg

Im working with the larger scale "0" gauge. But have had layouts with the smaller scales. Still have alot of trains in tubs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Tony,

WOW......That train is a beauty what a great set-up, bet when you get more rails it will be going around your house?

Fantastic......Thanks for showing us on MCN.

Best to you.....Keep Well.

Ian🚂😀

• Thanks 1

Heres a very short video of one of the engines running. Hope its viewable as I cant seem to be able to post videos.

• Like 1

Hello Tony,

Sorry to say I cannot see the video....????

Hope to soon....Best Wishes.....Ian

• Upvote 1

Yeah Sorry Tony, but there,s nothing being shown, theres sound, and thats it, Have you got a softwhere problem, its strange that it has started to go wrong all of a sudden

• Upvote 1

Hello Tony,

Not sure why you can't post the train video, could be as Dave mentioned?

Try and post it on Youtube and send us the link.

I meant to mention that I looked on ebay for WW2 German trains......What a helluva price they want to sell them for, yeh I can see the finances going fast even if you like them.

Many Thanks and hope you are feeling better.......Best wishes to you and the cats.......Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Upvote 1

Tony, unusual collection, nice to see the variations on the theme available. 

Rich

• Thanks 1