Dealers lot of German helmets ?

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Apologies if you have already seen these photos but I was amazed to come across this on the tinternet this morning  :o.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

Yes , i,ve seen this before and its still impressive to see again,makes you wonder just how many of these still exist today, but I definately would like a few of them, about 100 would do, I,m not greedy!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

omg, I could cry, that would feed my huge family for years if I sold them

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

The back story of these helmets is that they were captured by U.S. Doughboys.  Kaiser Wilhelm II had shipped those helmets in anticipation of a victory parade in Paris.  I read about these helmets in a 1919 edition of a U.S. newspaper.  There used to be a free Google newspaper archive, but it has since been discontinued, but I would research original newspaper articles about The Great War.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Brilliant Images.....Thanks for showing us on MCN....Yes like Davejb.....I could do with a 100 to pay the bloody bills!

Thanks for showing us on MCN and Best to you......Desert Rat

• 1 month later...

Not 100 % per cent if I,ve got this right, but I think I read somewhere that a large number of these, were stripped down and the metal parts melted down, and some where given to museums