Early experimental W. German Fallschirmjager helmet

Afrikakorpsrat64

I sold one of these way back in 1980, wish I had kept it as it's taken me several years to acquire this one! But happy I am that I just got this in trade from a friend. This helmet predates the GSG9 lids(which had a diff. liner ) and is harder to get. Has the WW2 type liner system. Makes for a nice display.

20210423_060411.jpg

20210423_060418.jpg

20210423_060425.jpg

20210423_060455.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That could fool a lot of new people to the collecting forums, but i think you have been very lucky to get this, these are pretty rare and you are right, it makes a good display, you lucky bugger

• Thanks 1

Hello Tony,

Lucky Man, what a super Fallschimjager, I bought one in a French boot fair "Vide Grenier" some years ago for 150 Euros = £120, it had the double decal with a swaz etc, all original, numbered, stamped on the liner....But sold it to a guy in the USA for a reasonable price.....S......T considering what they now sell for. Hope I can find another, I visit many when I go to France and Belgium....and so much cheaper as you do a deal with the seller many WW2 German & Brit items for sale and very good prices.

Stay Well & Best Wishes.....Ian/ Desert Rat

• Thanks 1

Ian, you say you had one, the one that Tony has was an Experimental type that pre dated the GSG9 used by the West Germans after the war, The one you say you got from a French boot fair for £120 with all the bells and what not.s on it and sold it , the guy in the US must have thought his number had come up, That amount of detail on it , today will be in the price range of say £10 to £12,000, or more and at War and Piece, a rusted one with no liner , no markings and rusted bolts was priced at £2,000, and the French and Belgium sellers would charge the same