Gew. 33/40

ahrtal

I believe I may have posted this on the MCN/FB group. I am old, and can't keep track like I used to. Anyway, I found this in a gunstore/motorcycle shop in 1968 while in college. It is the last Mauser long arm I own, having sold off the rest of my WWII rifles.

All the wood and metal (including bolt) match. It was manufactured in 1940, the first year of manufacture, and bears the first version factory code "945", Waffen Werke Brünn, or Weapons Works Brno. I believe the "dot" code was adopted in 1941. Only ca. 120,000 were produced by the end of production in 1942. I have fired it, and it kicks like a mule, with a muzzle flash that can be seen even in daylight.

IMG_0415.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0416.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0420.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0421.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Very nice Mauser, in good condition, and the fact it fires, is even better, plus the markings are well defined

Lovey Rifle,

Great Images and thanks for showing us on MCN. I bet it fires really well is there much of a kick when firing? as I have only fired a Winchester rifle some years ago, that was good but not a real kick to it....not like my 8 3/8 inch-  "Dirty Harry" .44 Magum.....Now that was a big kicker!!!

Best to you....Desert Rat/ Ian