RAF Lossiemouth Runway Traffic Lights

Norrie

Just back from a few days at Lossie visiting family...before I went, I "bought" a set of traffic lights that used to be one of the sets on the  runway at the air base..the runway was strengthened to take the P8 aircraft and all fixtures and fittings were removed by the contractors and were being sold by a female commercial jetliner  pilot for charity ..the Wingman Charity....anyway, had no clue what to expect when I went to pick them up...argh!!!! Massive they are, almost filled the boot on my i35 Hyundai......now I need to find a sparky to "alter" them to work in my mancave...:)

BTW, when I went to collect them, the lass asked , "were they for my son in law "?? as I had already told her he was setting up a mancave of his own......he's part of the team on the new Posieden P8....she tells me shes a jet liner pilot, asked why we were up in Lossie... told her about the Son in Law......she says...He'll know my hubby then....oh aye says I ?...yep she says, he's the Wing Co in complete charge of the P8 project..arghhhhhhhh!!!!!....hope I didn't get son in law on a charge...giving away state secrets...:)

20210510_190111.jpg

20210511_104714.jpg

• Like 1

Hells Bells, they are big buggers, where on Earth are you going to put them!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/05/2021 at 01:50, Davejb said:

Hells Bells, they are big buggers, where on Earth are you going to put them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davejb ....TBH, I have no idea...maybe alongside my Mosquito FBV1 Rear Elevator....:)

elevator.jpg

Edited by Norrie
  • Upvote 1

WOW....Norrie, to have this part from a Mosquito is superb...Wish I could find parts like this??

As for the traffic lights fix them up as in your "Man- Cave" RED...ON......too early for a drink............GREEN ON.....YUP time for a drink......All stations GO!!!

Best to you.....Ian

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

WOW....Norrie, to have this part from a Mosquito is superb...Wish I could find parts like this??

As for the traffic lights fix them up as in your "Man- Cave" RED...ON......too early for a drink............GREEN ON.....YUP time for a drink......All stations GO!!!

Best to you.....Ian

Hi Ian, Oh, they def are going in the mancave...but need to reduce them in size somehow, and get my mate who's a sparky to wire them up for 240v...no idea what they run off just now...:)

• Like 1