My Own Private RAF Lossiemouth Airshow...:)

Norrie

Just back today from a few days in Lossie visiting family, and recuperating from being ill......and thought some might be interested in the view from the cafe and the hotel....:)   Had a lovely apt almost on the waters edge...and went down every morning to the Ponderosa cafe, right on the beach. Had no clue this was on the flight path for the planes at Lossie taking off and landing...:) 

LOTS of Typhoons going in and out, plus the P8's and a tanker of some sort...any ideas?? plus an AWAC aircraft..no idea if British or US...:) I had a great time watching..sorry about the rubbish vids and the pics, all taken on a rubbish old Samsung..next time I'll have my "proper" camera with me..:)

20210509_192235.jpg

20210511_145956.jpg

20210511_150320.jpg

20210511_161915.jpg

20210511_162035.jpg

20210509_190101.jpg

20210510_155351.jpg

• Like 1

What a great place to see planes going in, the last time I saw planes going out was from RAF Lakenheath when they flew out to the Gulf war and before that was at least over  To Hundred and fifty over the A10 where I live getting ready for the War, All the traffic stopped and every one was out of there cars and they were LOW, what a site that was, every type of modern planes and AWACS and Chinocks it was better than an air show, they did,nt stop coming and the sound, it made you shudder

• Like 2

Hello Norrie,

Hope you feel a bit better soon, thanks for the images ......that must be a helluva busy place but I am sure a great visit to see these aircraft, glad you had a good time.

Best to you....Ian

• Like 1

Reassuring that we still have an Airforce!!

Rich

• Like 1