RCMP

Gus Abel

I hope this post is appropriate...Royal Canadian Mounted Police complete uniform and gear...

101_1859.JPG

121777238_10217732354602988_7034414289358139708_o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

LOVE it and everything Canadian.......my uncle Robin, was Para Regt , served late in WW2 in Germany, then off to Palestine till 1948...decided enough was enough and emigrated to Canada in 1950....I was told as a small boy he was a Mountie..and told all my pals at school that........Nope, he wasnt...he was a " lowly"  train driver...:)

Thats him in his engine,about 1951-2... and  bottom row, extreme left with the Sten...:) I knew him well, what a guy....loved the bones of him...:)

Sorry to hijack your post...:) 

Uncle robin train.jpg

Uncle robin018a.jpg

• Upvote 1

Great history and pics...Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Norrie,

What Great Images and lovely memories you have of another Brave Soldier......Thanks for showing us on MCN.....Images are what this is about and the history of those we have - Loved and Lost.

Best to you....Ian

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Gus,

i don't know where you are from, but my Mum told me 50 odd years ago that after the War her brother (Andrew Strachan - from Wishaw, Scotland) went to Canada and joined the "Mounties"....I have no other info on this at all she didn't really tell me all things as it was heartbreaking to her, and many of the family went to Australia....Sorry that's all I remember.

But to the "Mounties"......Beautiful looking uniforms, lovely men that served....God Bless them ALL....!!!

Desert Rat/ Ian

17 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello Gus,

i don't know where you are from, but my Mum told me 50 odd years ago that after the War her brother (Andrew Strachan - from Wishaw, Scotland) went to Canada and joined the "Mounties"....I have no other info on this at all she didn't really tell me all things as it was heartbreaking to her, and many of the family went to Australia....Sorry that's all I remember.

But to the "Mounties"......Beautiful looking uniforms, lovely men that served....God Bless them ALL....!!!

Desert Rat/ Ian

Hi Ian, I am in the US...I have been fascinated by the RCMP since I was a little kid. My family would always stop at Niagara Falls on the way to visit relatives in Canada. I was always gifted with souvenirs bearing Mountie images from the gift shoppe. Some years ago, I managed to acquire a Mountie jacket...while searching to replace some missing insignia, I stumbled across the complete rig. A childhood dream come true. RCMP items, especially uniforms are quite rare as they are to be turned in to depot upon retirement or when replaced.

• Upvote 2