Jump to content

DDR NVA-Wachregiment


Recommended Posts

Gus Abel

For your review...DDR NVA-Wachregiment oberleutnat in parade dress...and some more NVA-Wachregiment complete uniforms

IMG_20200524_224039471.jpg

IMG_20201015_165249874.jpg

IMG_20201015_171300916.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Desert Rat

Hello Gus,

Brilliant set on uniforms......Thanks for showing us on MCN......Superb.!

Best to you....Desert Rat/ Ian

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Davejb

Very nice Gus ,but those helmets still shades of Stalhelms, but they are strange looking things and I was told they were very heavy to have on your head, is that true

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Gus Abel
2 hours ago, Davejb said:

Very nice Gus ,but those helmets still shades of Stalhelms, but they are strange looking things and I was told they were very heavy to have on your head, is that true

Thanks Davejb, The East German M56/75 stahlhelm is based directly on the B2, an experimental helmet designed and tested in the last years of the third reich. The design was rejected by hitler because it was to different from the helmet associated with the German military. Like most other steel helmets, they weigh around 3 pounds, around 1.3 kilos. The helmet pictured in my post is a lightweight helmet of plastic used by Wachregiment and high ranking officers on parade or during ceremonies. Definitely a unique design...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike H

NVA Wachregiment is one of the few jackets I own, main focus being medals.  I am a sucker for a good cuff title though! I think them really sharp.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Gus Abel
16 hours ago, Mike H said:

NVA Wachregiment is one of the few jackets I own, main focus being medals.  I am a sucker for a good cuff title though! I think them really sharp.

NVA-Wachregiment is just one of the main interests in my East German collection...Are you knowledgeable about which medals an individual would be authorized to wear and the correct placement?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike H
5 hours ago, Gus Abel said:

NVA-Wachregiment is just one of the main interests in my East German collection...Are you knowledgeable about which medals an individual would be authorized to wear and the correct placement?

    I would try my best. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Gus Abel
On 26/05/2021 at 18:07, Mike H said:

    I would try my best. 

Mike, I would like to add the appropriate badges to this gesellschaftanzug...pictured is what I already have. I assume I will also need a 5 year medal...anything else? TIA!

IMG_20210528_100346029.jpg

IMG_20210528_195223356.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Gus Abel
3 hours ago, Mike H said:

I think the bar you show would be good. Possibly even a 10 year?

it is my understanding that the silver is the 10 year...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike H

Hi Gus, top left is how it should look, L to R Merit, 10 and 5. Bottom left would obviously work also for your jacket.

IMG_20210531_105252388~2.jpg

Edited by Mike H
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Gus Abel

I have 5 year on the way, and believe I can acquire silver merit to put together bottom left set-up...thanks for your input!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Gus Abel
On 30/05/2021 at 16:57, Mike H said:

I think the bar you show would be good. Possibly even a 10 year?

Finished display...How did I do? Thanks again for the help Mike!

101_3594.JPG

101_3591.JPG

101_3592.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike H
2 hours ago, Gus Abel said:

Finished display...How did I do? Thanks again for the help Mike!

101_3594.JPG

101_3591.JPG

101_3592.JPG

Looks good Gus! And no thanks necessary, you had it. 

Edited by Mike H
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...