WW1 Mills Inkwell.

Norrie

Literally just got this.....a WW1 Mills Inkwell....another grenade to add to the collection..

Can anyone tell me where to get a correct base for it, also, would I be able to get a glass insert for it, or even get one made?? would it be worth the time, money and effort ??

TIA..

inkwell.jpg

inkwell2.jpg

inkwell3.jpg

Have to tried Soldier of Fortune, they have loads of bases at War and Piece, WW1 Mills No5 base plate £9, 95p thats on there site for sale,  as for the glass try a shot glass, they come in all different sizes, and you should fined one that will fit

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Davejb said:

Have to tried Soldier of Fortune, they have loads of bases at War and Piece, WW1 Mills No5 base plate £9, 95p thats on there site for sale,  as for the glass try a shot glass, they come in all different sizes, and you should fined one that will fit

Hi Dave, I've been informed that these "Mills" were throwing practice items, they never came with a base as they weren't threaded....for display they were bolted to a square black plaque, with gold title, the ink pot itself was white pottery....so, I need to find a potter...:) Their really are some well informed folks about ...:)mills.thumb.jpg.5e6a73a7bc8a7acb094c9890c6e722a1.jpg

• Like 2