07f65fc44a69b5588f553a29d4b1.jpeg

98b9421346b98dc80f8a4cd5e57a.jpeg

e2c30c5043edb7a4e2900110638e.jpeg

b0b6dbf74988806978d84844a82c.jpeg

b4252fbd4f0b8632c62f4c569fa2.jpeg

0fb0c9e64587be12244e029ef64f.jpeg

• Like 1

Hello Johan,

I like it but I am no expert on these buckles, are there any makers stamps on the back? but there are some members who have the expertise who I hope can help you.

Best to you......Desert Rat

• Like 1

Hiya, Like DR above, I really have no idea, someone will be along in a while to give you advice....tho, I did buy a repro belt today...and if you want, I can post a pic of the buckle for you to compare?? Yours does look good compared to my repro...sorry I cant help more...:)

• Like 1

I am on the fence with this one, I see no makers name and there are some strange marks in the coating on the front, it looks the part but i,am not to sure, Gus may be the guy to give us a clue on this one but i think it may have been re painted at some time

• Like 1

The buckle is original, H.A. 41 = H. Arld. 41, in used condition.. G

buckle 001.jpg

buckle 010.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Gwar, that marking is very faint, I think thats what was putting me off,glad you cleared that up

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I just got one of these as part of a box of other items.  The one I have a leather instead of web type.  It is stamped 41 in the leather...there is other stamping, but I cannot tell what it says.  I am certain this is real and original.  It was part of a box that was shipped back around October 1945, based on the Stars and Stripes that were in the bottom of the box.  The buckle is in excellent shape and I would provide pictures if there is interest in seeing it for comparison.

• Like 1

a good original. the green paint is worn off the front. i have seen many buckles that are painted and the paint covers the makers stamp were it is faint or even covered completely.