1941 dated jacket,sadly collar taylored!

Richard Auld

Guys, bit busy at the moment but this is just in from a house clearance pal...

Shame about the collar but it was done back then I am sure and it is very small too but then they were a bit smaller back in the day...

Rich

CIMG6862.JPG

CIMG6864.JPG

CIMG6868.JPG

CIMG6871.JPG

CIMG6872.JPG

CIMG6873.JPG

CIMG6879.JPG

CIMG6875.JPG

CIMG6880.JPG

Edited by Richard Auld
Better pictures.....
  • Like 2

Good kind of pal to have! I'm not that good with uniforms but I thought the bottom of inside pockets like the one shown in the last picture were sewn into the hem?

Mike very similar to this one, there are no inside pockets as such just the field dressing pocket and it is as it should be, the collar, a couple of buttons and obviously the eagle has been messed with so not ideal but for what I swapped I can't complain, you can't win them all...

Best Rich

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 15/06/2021 at 04:51, Richard Auld said:

Mike very similar to this one, there are no inside pockets as such just the field dressing pocket and it is as it should be, the collar, a couple of buttons and obviously the eagle has been messed with so not ideal but for what I swapped I can't complain, you can't win them all...

Best Rich

@Richard Auld Yes it is the same maker! Georg Muller. what happened with the collar? !st Pattern, Looks to be a '41 , which is the same as mine. is it possible to remove the green on the collar? Let me know if you decide to part with it Rich! Cheers!

20210730_071427.jpg

20210730_071457.jpg

20210730_071506.jpg

20210730_071511.jpg

20210730_071517.jpg

20210730_071523.jpg

I think just soldiers fashion? Throw it into the tailors and put a green collar on it like an M36 as they were still common in 41? We did similar things in Iraq with private purchase boots and making the hat brim smaller to be more trendy... I am pretty sure the soldier that owned it did it as I doubt any clown would ruin a jacket these days and it has been properly done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Richard Auld said:

I think just soldiers fashion? Throw it into the tailors and put a green collar on it like an M36 as they were still common in 41? We did similar things in Iraq with private purchase boots and making the hat brim smaller to be more trendy... I am pretty sure the soldier that owned it did it as I doubt any clown would ruin a jacket these days and it has been properly done.

Yes thats very true.

• Like 1