Models made in the past

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Below are a few models I built while at Combat stress in the OT department,the only time I get a chance to do such lol,the SE5a and U boat are made freehand from matchsticks.And the Lancaster bomber I purchased as a built model 1/32 scale 4 ft wingspan,but it had been very badly made.So I stripped the skin away and outer wings to make it more manageable and put lights in the fuselage and fitted a small electric motor to spin the starboard inner prop.

I just wish I had the time and patience to do this at home :|.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

It's a fluffy world at audley court gives you time to think and process your thoughts shame they got rid of the smoking room 

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Didn't bother me as I never smoked mate lol,to be honest I'm personally not fond of the new annexe and group rooms but I understand the need to sanitise it.Its lost its homely feel,but at least there is nearly always the same faces staff wise.Stars the lot of them !.Just to many Julie's and Sues lol.

Who makes that 1 3/2nd Lancaster, its bloody massive, forgive my profanity, I did,nt want to say "jobby"

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

It started life as one of these,like say I bought it already made but it was a real badly done jobby,that's why I hacked it up ;).

image.jpeg

Well I,ll be a suck egg mule,  thats the model i.ve got and still never built as yet, cost me an arm and leg in weekly parts but I switched to the Tiger tank, from the same company, another arm and leg. I reckon I ought to start making it . I thought there was something about it I recognised, it was the wooden and plastic strips, its a complicated build , you have to add the thin metal skin once you,ve made the fuselage and add rivet marks from underneath, the amount of shaping you have to do is ridiculous. I wanted to do the 1 /16th Stuka, from the same company , but they only sell it in Germany