SS, OLT

Lenny

• Field Marshall

One of the early fake SS buckles by English dealer Tony Oliver. Getting quite collectable in their own right. ;)

Love the fact that the markings OLT 62637 stand for Tony's initials backwards and his phone number. :D

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 4

Ha, thats a name from the past Tony Oliver, did,nt he also sell bits through the Exchange and Mart?

• Like 1

• Field Marshall
25 minutes ago, Davejb said:

Ha, thats a name from the past Tony Oliver, did,nt he also sell bits through the Exchange and Mart?

I'm sure he did... ;)

• Major General

Ha ha, tony Oliver and the exchange and mart, gawd, remember those days well, when I started out collecting "seriously".:D Still got one of those buckles, about the only repro I can't let go of...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

A "friend" traded me one back in the early 1980s.  I still have it, but sold my original one a couple months back.  Need to find the OLT's value!

• Field Marshall
9 hours ago, ahrtal said:

A "friend" traded me one back in the early 1980s.  I still have it, but sold my original one a couple months back.  Need to find the OLT's value!

Not much, but a lot of buckle collectors like to have one as a souvenir of those early fake days... ;)

• Upvote 1

Ha. What time period are these Tony buckles from?  He still around?

• Like 1

• Field Marshall
21 hours ago, Rockytop66 said:

Ha. What time period are these Tony buckles from?  He still around?

60's , 70's, think he's dead now.

• Major General

Aha...here it is, plumbed from the depths of militaria history...ladeeezzz and gennellmennn....I give you, 

the tony Oliver masterpiece, the SS koppelschloss....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 4

• Field Marshall

Probably quite a few... ;) If only all the fakes had the fakers phone number on it we'd be sorted. ;)

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question, if you only collected fakes would you still be pi**ed off if some unscrupulous dealer sold you an original? xD

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Hi I can confirm that Tony oliver is dead he died last year i think,

Hi buckles are still being sold as real today and have a good age as he made them in the 1960`s, He also made some trading cards on awards and caps or head gear, these are all quite collectable, but I prefer the early souval badges and awards as these were made  during and after the end of the war, and you can get some good quality items of rare badges for a reasonable price (If for example you get a German Order for £500.00 instead of £30,000 , :-)  Bargin

• Upvote 2

• 4 years later...

In fecked i bought one was sold as a origenal  everbody ho want it do me a offer i send it to you

Gr het haasje