Militairpas

Mike H

A friend gave me 2 of these. I know what they are but having a hard time deciphering some of the writing. They are pretty neat and I could see myself getting more. Look at the bottom of page 13 and you can see he was awarded the Iron Cross 2nd and 1st Class.

I think his first name is Johannes but I can't make out his last name. Nor can I make out the month of his birth. Home town seems to be Saarbrucken. 

If anyone could help me a bit it would be appreciated. I don't really have a problem with the stamps and some of the military terminology but the hand written parts are over my head.

IMG_20210730_141306888.jpg

IMG_20210730_141621995.jpg

IMG_20210730_141219391.jpg

IMG_20210730_141041513.jpg

IMG_20210730_141041513.jpg

IMG_20210730_140903444.jpg

• Like 1

Gawd Mike...I think you might need a fluent German talker/writer for that one mate...I have a few German and Polish letters and autograph books, and its very difficult to make the writing out...even the Polish cleaner at work finds it difficult to make the Polish writing out....its in much the same style, sort of Gothic...what about a local University?? could they help...??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davejb said:

What about Rich, He may  be able to help

I was kind of hoping he would chime in. 🙂

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay, night shift block, it is very difficult to read, I think January for his birthday. The rest is a list of his battles and movements. I will give it a squint tonight on shift and see if I can make some notes. There is a very helpful chap called Glenn Jewson on GMIC callsign Glenn J. He is a wizz a such stuff, perhaps approach him?

Best

Rich

• Like 2

Thanks for any translating you can help me with. Been soooo long since I've been on gmic. I will see if I can even get myself signed in. Again thanks Rich

Well I see I posted the same page twice! On my larger laptop screen I can make out under battles #2 Aisne and #3 Champagne.

Mike,

sorry failed last night as we had a few 'visitors' which keeps you out on the ground and generates paperwork. On it later today...

Rich

• Like 1