royal artillery

this was in my stuff I received from my grandpa I think he traded for it. any more info on it I would appreciate. Thanks

100_3043.JPG

100_3045.JPG

• Upvote 2

Guest Fred Karno's Army

It's a nice WW2 British Royal Artillery arm flash,I personally prefer the printed versions ;).

Hi Daniel,

These are not hard to find but it is nice that you got it from your grandpa :)

D

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 1

Hi Ham & Jam,

I agree the printed shoulder titles look better than most of the embroidered ones. :)

D

whats printed ones look like because this one looks printed on fabric not embroidered @DAK D @Ham & Jam

Edited by Daniel

Top picture is the one that I posted but up close the bottom piture is an embroidered one from ebay @DAK D @Ham & Jam

100_3069.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Your one is an printed version and that is the point :)

I prefer the printed titles over the wool embroidered versions and the added bonus is they tend to turn up in better condition than wool ones, as moths love wool. Think about it if your title was a wool version you might get an nasty surprise one day and I know I have, as I had a tropical Panzer overcoat signals blitz made from wool and it was destroyed by a hungry moth and it was in a box and not left sitting around. .

D

3 hours ago, DAK D said:

Hi Daniel,

Your one is an printed version and that is the point :)

I prefer the printed titles over the wool embroidered versions and the added bonus is they tend to turn up in better condition than wool ones, as moths love wool. Think about it if your title was a wool version you might get an nasty surprise one day and I know I have, as I had a tropical Panzer overcoat signals blitz made from wool and it was destroyed by a hungry moth and it was in a box and not left sitting around. .

D

Oh sorry I misunderstood you. Thank You

Very nice @DAK D..... I'm still wondering how my grandpa received the ones that I have since he from united states. i'm just thinking he traded for them or became good friends with the person that had them he also has other things that I posted like the Essex badge and he also has medals not german or American.

Hi Daniel,

If your grandpa served overseas during WW2 then he could of had contact with British soldiers? 

Alliteratively he could of collected a few items after the war, anyway it could be worth asking older members of your family what they know about him and see if that helps,

D

• 1 month later...
Guest Fred Karno's Army

When my grandfather died we came across several photos and letters of him from his time in Italy 44 onwards (He was REME) and in the photos are a couple of American soldiers,and we came across several letters he had received from them after the war,we didn't know anything about it,he didn't mention the war much.And amongst his bits were a US first infantry division patch so there you go ;).