105mm Rounds

Waffenamt

• Major General

Had these a couple of years sourced from a chartiy shop for the pricley sum of £2!

Beautiful scale models of modern 105mm projectiles.

Came with a display cradle,were prolly apprentice made for a presentation? The plaque is however missing from the cradle.

The rounds are aluminium,and the tolerances are unreal! Fuzes unscrew and the drivebands are complete with no gap. They fit together perfectly,you can even hear the air pushed out as they are pushed back in place.

Must be of some vintage as the lighters inside are no longer available with the flame adjusters because too many folks(including myself) used to forget the flame turned up then light a smoke inside your jacket them Whooomph! no more eyebrows etc lol

DSCF0188.JPG

DSCF0189.JPG

DSCF0190.JPG

DSCF0192.JPG

DSCF0193.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

• Major General

Cheers Steve, T'was a lass i know up the Lakes that spotted them in the village charity shop. Cost more to post them to me than the purchase!

• Thanks 1

Have to agree, those are very nice and very unusual, and for that price a total bargain

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Major General

Those lighters are well dangerous!  I used to dismantle them at school,and tamper with the adjuster until i could empty the whole lighter in approx 5 seconds!  Only downfall that your arm ended up ablaze with lit Butane.:$:D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Major General

I was a bit of a devil at school tinkering...Better not mention the home-made Bazooka's we did to terrorise the local Gentry's nice bonfire parties...-_-

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

That was my trade back in the day, very well made. They are of course 155mm as designated (typo) and the DM106 is now a white shell with black letters , I don't know if earlier they were green? Good ammunition system made by 'Zee Germans' and much better than the US M107 system. Same with the L15 but it is British and you know when one of those goes off. If you ever see another set at a fair price I would be obliged if you could let me know.

Best

Rich

Edit I would be happy with just an L15 as I had a spot of luck in 1994 and survived one of those bad boys in Canada, sadly two other lads did not.

Edit again it is the 105 that is a white Illum shell, we never got to check the colour when they landed, that was the business of the 'breech creatures'!

Edited by Richard Auld
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Waff,

Sorry I missed these.....Superb!

Great looking items and from a charity shop!

Thanks for showing us on MCN..You Lucky Man!

Best to you .... Desert Rat/ Ian