Real or Fake? AWS Panzer Assault Badge

MACON8396

Often enough I've seen these figured out from just viewing the back portion of the medal, so here it is. Please let me know what you think!

spacer.png

I think you may be in luck, its a bit  batterer around the back but I would wait for more info, won of the guys will come along and give you a firm yes or no

• Like 1

Not keen from the pictures. It is without the logo but is a match otherwise apart from quality? Credit Niemann page 697. It may be the picture quality that makes it look weak like a casting?

CIMG7135.JPG

Pretty sure it wrong now after looking at some others, please see below, credit to VIP Militaria, Lakeside trader and Geils militaria.

I have highlighted on your picture what is wrong, at the bottom the hardware is spongy at best and the casting mark to the left? The tell is at the top as they have cast it from an original probably missing the pin and as a result you have the imprint of the original hardware but with a cut out to fit the new pin? If you see what I mean.  Also the smaller casting blobs also circled. Note also the originals seemed to have tooling marks at the catch hook.

Best

Rich

Aa1cGp9.jpg

50.jpg

M-20916d.jpg

geils.jpg

• Like 1

I should use better wording the badge in question, the pin is not crimped in like the original. Do you see what I mean? The molding under the pin in the highlighted area has no function.

• Like 1

Now that Rich has pointed out the problems, I can see what he means and the flaws on this badge, and I hope you can get some money back