Helmet question

Hauser1920

I own very few helmets, and half of them are pots, so I have what I'm afraid is a very uneducated question. Is there any safe way to remove the entire liner of a Spanish Civil War helmet (or any other liner that's partly bolted to the helmet)?

• Like 1

• Field Marshall
2 hours ago, Hauser1920 said:

I own very few helmets, and half of them are pots, so I have what I'm afraid is a very uneducated question. Is there any safe way to remove the entire liner of a Spanish Civil War helmet (or any other liner that's partly bolted to the helmet)?

You can remove liners, however you really shouldn't as the retaining clips get bent and the helmet never really looks, or is, untouched again...

• Field Marshall
9 hours ago, Hauser1920 said:

Thank you.

Was there a reason why you wanted to remove it?

Mainly the size of the helmet. Removing the entire liner and putting some lighter one in would've made it a fraction larger on the inside.

• Field Marshall
6 hours ago, Hauser1920 said:

Mainly the size of the helmet. Removing the entire liner and putting some lighter one in would've made it a fraction larger on the inside.

I'd advise not to, you would ruin the historical significance of the helmet.

I agree with Lenny, The only time I may take the liner out is if the leather is rotting and it is starting to rot the inside of the helmet, but even this can be stopped by adding a preservative

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...