K98 Grenade Launcher and Sight

BigJohn

This one took me a bit to understand what I was looking at.  We just got some items donated to us.  This is the first site that I can navigate and find information.  So, we have this grenade launcher adapter for a K98.  Did not know what it was for until I saw it in a video.  The other metal part did not click until I saw a photo of a sighting unit that is used with the K98 grenade launcher.  I can post pictures if anyone is interested in seeing them.  Very unique in my opinion...but hey, I am new to this stuff.  So I am posting this and other things in the forums to spark conversation and help me educate myself.

• Like 1

This is the sighting device

Image preview

This is the bubble level on the sighting device

Image preview

Your pictures are not showing? Is it deactivated in any way as I am pretty sure in UK it is an automatic 5 stretch for firearms offences these days.

Cannot tell you.  I see the images.  The rules may be different for you fellas.

Have to say I am not a runway model photog...I do not like the pictures, might do some more.

Edited by BigJohn

Your radio pics are visible that you just posted but everything else is not. Please be careful what you post up as ignorance of the law is no defense these days and you don't want to publicly frame yourself.

Do some research before you post any more pics is my advice, read your heading, K98 rifles are still available and siht loads of even launcher ammo is still to be found at least over here(DE) if the wrong sorts want to find it.

Edited by Richard Auld

That is good advice from Rich, there are some items that will get deleted if the rules of the forum are broken

Do you mean your second post with the picture that is not showing or the post from Waffenamt asking you to post pictures? Are you UK based?

Best

Rich

I am not UK based.  We have the second amendment here.

Collectables is all they are.

I was looking to see if there is any useful discussion on these items.  Not looking to start keyboard warfare.

So, do you have something useful to say?  If so, chime in, I would be interested.

Ah, I thought you were UK based is all and in UK you would go to jail for 5 years just for owning it. UK does not have your freedoms sadly.

No keyboard war because we can't discuss what we can't see, for what ever reason your pictures are not showing.

Perhaps try Wehrmacht Awards Forum as they are US based and you can pitch items to them without problems and they have most of the big players on there.

Hope that is useful.

Best

Rich

Now that is useful.

I might have to move over to a site that is on this side of the pond.  

Dunno why the pictures are not showing...especially since I can see them fine.

No idea! There is a good radio crowd on WAF and I believe all of them that are on here are also on there.

Good luck with it!

Best

Rich