a new guy saying hello

hanswolf1224

hello all! just signed up today and have been going through some of the sections. interesting indeed. i am from the United States and am a long time collector mostly in American WW2 items. i buy and some times sell. history is my corner stone interest in life. i like viewing members finds and find it interesting what lead them to collecting. i feel it is important to preserve the past as it serves as an ever lasting memory to those who served.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi Hans,

welcome to this forum. Bit quiet but I still think it will get busier when FB etc finally pull the plug, they are dyeing to do it.

Best

Rich

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Richard, where is this site from? not United States? FB i am not on- it is corrupt. thanks for welcome.

• Upvote 1

ok-- kinda thought it was off shore. is there much buy and sell on this site? 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Field Marshall

@hanswolf1224 welcome... the site is based on my server in the UK, but really belongs to the members, wherever they may be. I started the MCN in 1998, but the likes of FB and collectors laziness ;) has meant forums are not as busy as they once were.

Feel free to invite all your friends, and YES, you can sell no wories, you don't need to cover swastikas either.

Lenny have you change the rules about new members , re the time need on the forum before selling items, I have been telling new members that they can post items for sale only after a month of being on the forum???

• Field Marshall
6 minutes ago, Davejb said:

Lenny have you change the rules about new members , re the time need on the forum before selling items, I have been telling new members that they can post items for sale only after a month of being on the forum???

Its so quiet, no point waiting...

• Thanks 1

Ok then can you post that up and let members no and say this is new to the forum as from today and that I have just been told??

• Field Marshall

To be honest, I'd forgotten we'd agreed that, but overall pretty depressed that hardly anyone is using the forum... :(

thanks for the welcome. as for members using the forum less- i think it can be due to the overall climate in the world today. this Chinese bat virus, economic inflation in the states and overseas- people are watching out for their money. i will also say very possibly thanks to all the fake crap out there being passed off as real it is a big turn off. the military collecting field is now a RICH mans game for many younger collectors can't afford it.

• Like 1

Well it says that we have !, 944 members and out of that there have been !,600 odd on line,,,, do you think it would be an idea to post up a revue and see just how many we do have still here

• Like 1

you can. i still think it is a sign of the times. there are many military sites and they have lost members that saw the BS going on and left. face book is a good example----- it is a crap site with lots of degenerates along with loads of horses--t. many members gave it up not going back. are most of your members here in Europe?

• Like 1

• Field Marshall

I’ve ran forums for well over 20 years, even going back to Fidonet and BBS’es, Usenet as well. (Google them, interesting stuff how we used to do it, dial up modems etc.)

folk nowadays have stopped using forums sadly, because they like the convenience of FB.

7 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I’ve ran forums for well over 20 years, even going back to Fidonet and BBS’es, Usenet as well. (Google them, interesting stuff how we used to do it, dial up modems etc.)

folk nowadays have stopped using forums sadly, because they like the convenience of FB.

face book still has military sales?

face book still has military sales? i wouldn't know now for i stopped my account. the site stinks!

Welcome @hanswolf1224, American here as well. Long time collector also. Look forward to seeing your postings. My primary interest is German Tropical, but collect most anything. Another love is Reichsbahn and RailRoad items from all countries. Cheers! 

• Upvote 1

long time collector as well in mostly American items and some German. buying and selling here and there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Major General
On 13/11/2021 at 18:43, Richard Auld said:

Hi Hans,

welcome to this forum. Bit quiet but I still think it will get busier when FB etc finally pull the plug, they are dyeing to do it.

Best

Rich

Hi Rich,its just a matter of time. Ive been banging on about it for years. It will happen. But we will be prepped.